MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game - New Previews, Releases June

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
VR the Game 2016.jpg

Fresh on the back of the Italian maestros victory in round 4 of the 2016 MotoGP World Championship at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit comes news of the latest Milestone Interactive venture into the world of MotoGP with the newly branded title, Valentino Rossi: The Game.

As well as the usual offering of all the bikes and riders from the latest season of the MotoGP championship what makes the latest instalment so interesting, and also why we decided to mention it on RD where 4 wheels or more tend to rule the day, is this new instalment breaks out from the traditional roles of previous MotoGP titles and delves into the world of both Rally and drift car driving as well as various 2 wheel escapades.

With a strong focus around 37 year old Yamaha rider and 9 time World Champion Valentino Rossi the latest MotoGP title branches out from the usual faithful reproduction of the current season's MotoGP action and brings gamers closer to some of the other motorised interests in #46's racing repertoire.

Known for his various successes in the Monza Rally Show, Rossi's Ford Focus WRC can be played in game and features in the short preview video below performing various sideways manoeuvres in what looks to be a tight spectator stage style course at Italy's Misano circuit.

Also featured in the latest trailer from Milestone is footage of some flat track racing featuring the iconic blue and yellow liveried champion and bizarrely a Ford Mustang road car in full drift action features in the new game.

With the usual latest MotoGP calendar and tracks recreated in full alongside the new 4 wheel content, flat track racing and the Yamaha R1M Cup bike series featuring 291 riders, 47 tracks and 15 game modes this new title looks like an interesting addition to any racing fans library.

Further details around other 'extracurricular activities', addition rally and flat track circuits and other career achievements have yet to be revealed by the studio.

VR the Game 3.jpg

Valentino Rossi The Game is due for release on Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One 17th June 2016.

Keep an eye out on RaceDepartment for further news on the title as and when it becomes available.

VR the Game 1.jpg VR the Game 2.jpgVR the game 4.jpg VR the game 5.jpg

Will you be trying out the new MotoGP game? Does the Valentino Rossi branding appeal more than the traditional MotoGP Series titles? Will the inclusion of Rally and Drift entice you to try the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

Thanks for the article Paul...Yes, I will definitely take a serious look at this game when released (If all is gd then I will purchase) I would love to see a good Moto GP title. As far as Valentino Rossi branding, I came very close to purchasing a Valentino Rossi Edition Yamaha R1 in 2011 but decided on the Kawasaki ZX10R instead. So in short, It wouldn't bother me a bit.
The inclusion of Rally and Drift would be great however, my concern would be the quality. Would it be an arcade type style or a serious sim? Would it take away from the quality of the Moto side of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • ronniej

Well Mr.Jeffrey, 2 guys have already turned their nose up at it, what's your opinion on this game?
Is it aimed more at the teenie boppers or do you know if this developer is trying for a realistic experience?

Well Mr.Jeffrey, 2 guys have already turned their nose up at it, what's your opinion on this game?
Is it aimed more at the teenie boppers or do you know if this developer is trying for a realistic experience?
Realistic experience? By no means. Milestone have used the same (rather crappy) track 3d models ever since 2013, and judging from the video previews we've seen so far, that hasn't changed. The physics have been terribly off and have shown no sign of improvement over the last years either. Hell, even all riders are exactly the same height! Just consider how ridiculous it is to have Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi be exactly the same height.

With so many obvious flaws, it seems like Milestone are merely trying to cover up what they fail at by adding content that's most likely ripped out of its various other games (Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, MXGP). When I buy a MotoGP game, I don't want to go flat-track racing or drifting around in a Mustang - I expect accurate representations of the riders, bikes and tracks of the World Championship.

So, no: No realistic experience. Just yet another way to milk money out of a very promising license. And no lessons learned from years of feedback from the community.

Hmm... cars and motorcycles in one game ? Seems like a lot of fun. But - in a game that pretends to be realistic ? Game that you wouldn't drive with your keyboard ?
I drive moto races with my trusty Logitech 3D joystick and I'm getting really good with it, now...
I would like to Milestone explain to me how could I drive motorcycles and cars with one controler only !?
Guess they made ALL of their game for gamepads. Cause can't force myself to drive MogoGP with wheel. It just akward.
Especially taking in consider that their latest SLRE game wouldn't recognize my wheel but hey... that's just my problem I guess. Not the Milestone's. Just the way it should be, right ? :geek::alien:

• ronniej

Realistic experience? By no means. Milestone have used the same (rather crappy) track 3d models ever since 2013, and judging from the video previews we've seen so far, that hasn't changed. The physics have been terribly off and have shown no sign of improvement over the last years either. Hell, even all riders are exactly the same height! Just consider how ridiculous it is to have Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi be exactly the same height.

With so many obvious flaws, it seems like Milestone are merely trying to cover up what they fail at by adding content that's most likely ripped out of its various other games (Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, MXGP). When I buy a MotoGP game, I don't want to go flat-track racing or drifting around in a Mustang - I expect accurate representations of the riders, bikes and tracks of the World Championship.

So, no: No realistic experience. Just yet another way to milk money out of a very promising license. And no lessons learned from years of feedback from the community.
Thank you, nuff said.

Wish Milestone could see GP Bikes. And actually learn something. Driver behaviour during the braking is what most impresses me here:inlove: and also movements in curves. And all the rest.
They just need better graphic though. And Vale licence. :p
Speaking of him, I was Vale fan 'till that kick into Marques, now I lean more to Marques. He's more atractive driver anyway. And that incident show that Lorenzo wasn't team player. :D But, all in all, between four of them, Pedrosa seems like most normal person. Too bad he wasn't fast as he used to be.
I wouldn't call Milestone guys a *hit like some (many actually:D) of you, cause I must say I really enjoy driving their MXGP series, WRC (until last one which has big potential to be better than DiRT but has so many flaws, like lousy controler support - my is "recognized" but only steering and pedals aren't!?? BUT I can use pedals in menu - brilliant!!!) and, although not being really realistic, MotoGP.
But Milestone progress is really slow, they learn very little from their own series and they (seems) don't listen the community demands at all. :cautious:
Or, better say, friendly advices. And they should, it's for their own good.
Their improvements are based solo on better graphic seems to me.
Playing it, I can see that not much is improved in MXGP2 but when I look at the game folder - it's like under 3G MXGP folder vs ~17G in MXGP2.
Wish they improve gameplay in that (x 5) amount. :unsure:

Last edited:
I wouldn't call Milestone guys a *hit like some (many actually:D) of you, cause I must say I really enjoy driving their MXGP series, WRC (until last one which has big potential to be better than DiRT but has so many flaws, like lousy controler support - my is "recognized" but only steering and pedals aren't!?? BUT I can use pedals in menu - brilliant!!!) and, although not being really realistic, MotoGP.
But Milestone progress is really slow, they learn very little from their own series and they (seems) don't listen the community demands at all. :cautious:
Or, better say, friendly advices. And they should, it's for their own good.
Their improvements are based solo on better graphic seems to me.
Playing it, I can see that not much is improved in MXGP2 but when I look at the game folder - it's like under 3G MXGP folder vs ~17G in MXGP2.
Wish they improve gameplay in that (x 5) amount. :unsure:

I'd rather put my hope into THQ rather than Milestone. It's been a long time they work with motorcycle games, but it's always the same crap year over year.

Oh no not another Milestone mess. They seem to put so much time into driving games which, to me, just don't feel worth the effort. WRC series, MXGP, MotoGP, Seb Lobe EVO, they just don't cut it for me. Seems there's always a lot more that could have been done.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back