rF2 V8 Supercars @ Shanghai - Mon June 14th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Both races were a lot of fun.

In Q1 I managed to get the pole after pushing my car to the limit because Nick's flying lap was stunning! Felt comfortable in the V8s so I had a slight advantage. In the race I had a bad start letting Nicholas and Lee pass. While both were fighting for P1 so I could catch up to Lee and put him under pressure, made him braking too late at the hairpin and overtake him. During the remaining laps I caught up to Nick and we had a great battle for P1, especially the last lap was stunning, but in the end he won the race (congrats for that mate :D).

In Q2 I managed to get the pole again. Unfortunately, my start was even worse than it was in race 1. Nick, Lee and Adam overtook me without any problems, falling back to P4. Anyway, Lee did a great job blocking me until he hit Adam, so I could benefit from that situation and just slip through. In lap 2 I managed to close the gap between Nick and me, starting to battle with him. In the hairpin Nick made a mistake at the hairpin (that one is a hell of a turn) and left wide room for me, therefore I was able to pass him, though Nick tried to fight back. Unfortunately, he spun off in Turn 1 right away. Nothing special happened for the remaining laps. I saw the chequered flag 1st gaining my first RD win ever, with Nick finishing 2nd and Lee 3rd.

Thanks a lot to Ryan for organizing the event, Ivo for fixing the track and all the drivers who raced. Also, many thanks for RD for hosting, not just this one but many other events!
I hope to have a good time here :).

Quali 1: Didn't have a good session but took 3rd with my final lap.

Race 1: Made a poor start and dropped to 4th before dropping to 5th. Thomas straight lined the chicane when he made a mistake and was able to keep his spot. Finally got him into the tight hairpin at the end of the back straight. However he slammed into the side of me at turn 1 to regain the position and causing some aero damage to my car. I eventually got him back when he got a slow run out of turn 10. Struggled with the car and was lapping slower than normal because of the damage and finished 4th.

My apologies for my sloppy driving, do not hesitate to report it.

It won't happen again.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 44 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 44 12.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 43 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 124 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 213 59.7%