rF2 V8 Supercars @ Shanghai - Mon June 14th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Because I have made a cock-up with the archive - it doesn't need to be in the Fsone_Track_Pack folder. Just the Shanghai folder needs to be in the Locations section.

My apologies.

Was really good evening I thought. Love this track and had a fair ammount of pace.

Quali 1, was slow came 4th. In the race I got a good start becoming 2nd into t1. Managed to hold onto nick for a few laps but Chris was closing in, when he got past I was unable to keep up after shredding my tyres. The race was uneventful from there brining the car home 3rd for my first RD podium :).

Quali 2 I was quicker but still didn't hit my PB but was 3rd this time. Had a good start this time managing to overtake Chris. Adam also had a good start allowing him to jump me into t1. Going into the secound spiral I had chris having a look up the inside and so tried to brake late but hit Adam when he was going at a much slower speed than expected. (Sorry for that) This put us both to the back. Managed to catch up to him and have a few looks but nothing before dropping off a bit. Managed to keep up with him as we went past Jullian and Valerio before then getting past as he ran wide in the 9 and 10 complex. Managed to pull away a bit but was too far behind Chris and Nick. So Finished 3rd.

Thanks to all who raced. Thanks to Ryan for organizing (and Ivo for fixing the organizing :p). Thanks to RD for hosting :).

Quali 1: Didn't have a good session but took 3rd with my final lap.

Race 1: Made a poor start and dropped to 4th before dropping to 5th. Thomas straight lined the chicane when he made a mistake and was able to keep his spot. Finally got him into the tight hairpin at the end of the back straight. However he slammed into the side of me at turn 1 to regain the position and causing some aero damage to my car. I eventually got him back when he got a slow run out of turn 10. Struggled with the car and was lapping slower than normal because of the damage and finished 4th.

Quali 2: Only managed 4th this time and was a worse time than in Q1.

Race 2: Made a great start and was challenging Nick into turn 1. Followed him through the first few corners before being taken out at turn 11 again. Lee waited but I was lacking downforce at the rear of the car due to the damage and was struggling to match the times I was doing in race 1. Got passed Julien and Valerio and then lost the rear which allowed lee through. Finished 4th.

Really disappointed with what happened tonight and I hope things improve in the near future. The only positives is that it was a DSC Motorsports 1-2-3-4 n both races.

Thanks to Ryan, Ivo, and RD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years