rF2 V8 Supercars @ Queensland - Mon June 7th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I got6 a really strange problem. When I join the server and go out of the pits, the tarmac turns blue. But when testing offline it is fine. Anyone else have this problem or knows how to fix it?

Another nice racing event with lots of FUN!!!

R1. At the start lot of trouble - someone made u-turn. After start lot of people running wide, Ryan waited for someone and suddenly I was 2nd. I kept position for about two laps till I spun off at slowest corner then dropped down to 6th and I was chasing Valerio and Rob went by after my another mistake, but then I finally got to Valerio and passed him on sub last lap finishing 6th

R2 my 6th spot meant PP for R2, last time it haven't brought me luck, so it tonite, i lost 3 places in run to T1 after next two corners I lost connection - race over :(

Again THX Ryan for V8 events - awesome how much pleasure these monsters give!!!

Looking forward to next Monday!

hmm

Race 1: Pole counted for nothing after Toby's blackscreen incident :p But it made the race interesting for me anyway, back of the grid, get some positions back from accidents and overtakes, then i had to serve a Stop Go for "jumping the start" lol Managed to fight through to 4th in the end.

Race 2: second fail, using stick shift rather than the paddles and forgot, so i sat on the grid pressing the paddle, sorry to whoever hit me, probably Ryan/Gary. Had a complete brain fade. After that i was again at the back of the grid but not as far off, managed to get into 6th pretty quickly then the battles began, got up to 3rd and started hunting down Ryan and Gary. Then i saw Ryan go off in T2 which put him in my sights, got passed then he spun out. Then chasing down Gary, Gary had better race pace than i expected tbh, especially the first sector, nice stuff :). Had a good battle again with gary then got him into the last turn, didn't make much of an effort to defend :p

Finally a win in a club event :p the curse is almost lifted. Ty Ryan for the effort u put into this stuff :D

Front row start beside Ben was good yet surprising good qual for me,even more surprising was joining the grid to see Bens car in front of me about 10-10m facing me sort of!? :p,he limped off to the side as the lights started changing leaving me a clean solo run to T1,early doors and its Kjell behind,which is becoming very familiar to me in racent races ;) (hehe),he had Ryo chasing closely so i made hay while they fought,the gap ended up suddenly getting very large so enjoyed just pushing the car doing a nice stint of consistent laps,then a slight ease off to finish,it was a runaway Lenno V8 win!!?....now theres a sentence i dont get much chance to type up here ;D.

Race 2 from 6th and really got a flyer off the line and right up to 2nd slotting in behind Ryo at T1,that was a sweet moment ;p,found i had rather big old lumps of pace on our Ryo at a few crucial turns,this was another surprise of the night really,where did Ryos V8 pace go at this track? :s,ive become very used to seeing the back of that SuperCheap car for a while now,but usually getting smaller,not bigger filling me screen with back bumper! :o,my first 2 attempts at passing were a bit rubbish really,soz Ryo for what must have seemed like silly big miles back lunges,but i just couldnt believe how early you were braking at some places,especially with my quite famous king of the early brakers title an all? :/,eventually i think i scared Ryan in to going wide with previous "malarky" so got through to the lead,it was then i noticed how close Ben had got to us :D,he arrived at Ryan and was past instantly,and proceeded to hunt me down seriously,ofcourse my main loss was the big braking zones :(,i raised my game a bit and was almost holding him off ok,but just crumbled a little going a touch wide and slow at T2 and he was through,again i started pushing above my capabilities a bit at times to try and keep and touch and make a fight of this to the line,the best i could do was get it down to -400 behind,the worst it got was 1.1,finished -700 behind Ben Crooks at the line,i will take that any old day of the week tbh :))),both races were excellent,its been a long long time since ive felt so good in the V8's,extra thanks to Ben sharing a setup!.

Thank You Ryan & RD

Congrat to podium:good:

Race 1 start from last position and after the confusion of start at lap 2 Im in 4th position:cool: for only 2 laps but never happened.I managed my 6th place until last lap when
Roman overtook me:).and finished in 7th.

Race 2 start from 7th at the last turn Im in 6th but drive bit wide so at half turn spin and lost car re-enter on track and Im in 9th but finish the race in 8th. may be any "lost connection" or some "running wide" in the glue:).

I really enjoyed this time,finally some battles, have been overcome but I did everything I could to defend myself with honor:D.

Thanks Ryan and RD for these events

Another terrible night for me, seems to becoming a habit of late. Had track issues before hand which cost me a great chunk of setup time but thanks to Julien for sorting them for me :)

Quali: set a pb but was down in 11th.

Race 1: Got a flyer off the line and was up to 6th by the first turn and going around turn 3, the 2 cars in front collided. One spun on the road and I had nowhere to go and ended up hitting them (sorry whoever it was). Was now up to 4th with the front 3 pulling away but I was hanging on from the bunch behind. On the run up to turn 3 I got slammed in the rear and got stuck in the gravel trap but at least Lee had the decency to wait. Lost about 30 seconds trying to recover and was down to 11th. Had a small battle with Anders after he had pitted but he got past and was able to pull away. Toby then had problems which mean I finished 10th.

Race 2: Made another great getaway but someone in front didn't and I had to slow up as I had nowhere to go. On entering the first corner I got rammed up the rear again and got shoved into Kjell. Kjell was forced onto the grass whereas I was struggling to straighten the car back up. Kjell came back onto the track just infront and Ben made a move around the outside in turn 3 because he had a significant run on me. Tried to hold onto the position on the exit but lit up the rear wheels and slid on to the grass on the inside. Recovered but had very little motivation. Just trotted around so I didn't get a DNF.

Thanks to Ryan and RD.

Was a good night I thought. Had some issues in race 1, but race two was good meaning I left happy.

Was really struggling in practise down at 1:14s before a couple of setup tweaks suddenly had the car working well. Managed a pb of a 11.2 just before quali. In quali i set early on a 11.5 before on my final lap taking a secound off to hit a 10.5 putting me 7th / 8th.

Race 1 I had a good start, overtook some people but was blocked and nudged about so couldn't make full use of it. Managed to avoid the incident at turn 3 leaving me 5th. Next lap however had a bad run out of turn two and was watching my mirrors into turn 3 to see where 6th was going (sorry dno who) and while doing this missed the fact Adam had broke early for the corner ended up slamming him as 6th was on my inside. He went off into the gravel and I waited. By time he was out we were almost a lap down - Really Really sorry for that. Tried to catch back up, managed to get past afew who had gone off. Caught back upto Adam who had a bad exit out of the final turn and tried a move down the inside. Had two wheels on the grass and this meant i was in the gravel. This put me dead last i think. Which was where i finished.

Race two had a good start again however into turn 1 strugled to avoid contact. Somone moved onto my line (sorry dno who) and i hit their rear. They didn't spin off so was ok. Managed to sit behind Toni and Toby as they had a battle from turn 3 to turn 6. Then managed to keep relatively out of trouble. Don't remember much of this race except for the final few laps when Toby began closing me down. Had to really push to try and keep a gap. This got my tyres too hot causing extra wear. However managed to finish in 6th without Toby overtaking.

Thanks to everyone who raced. Thanks to Ryan for organizing and RD for hosting :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back