rF2 V8 Supercars @ Bathurst - Monday June 20th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
V8s_f_640.jpg

(Flyer courtesy of Can Ozcelik)

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM V8 CLUB
Mod: V8 Unleashed Beta V0.9 + 2010 Unleashed Season Add-On (Download links are at the bottom of each of the posts)
Track: Bathurst

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes, BTCC-esque Second Race Reverse Grid (See Note 1 for details))

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes:

A reverse grid will be used to determine the grid for race 2 based on the system currently in use for BTCC. The amount of cars to be reversed will depend upon the last digit of the winner's race time and is as follows:

0 and 1: Top 6 reversed
2 and 3: Top 7 reversed
4 and 5: Top 8 reversed
6 and 7: Top 9 reversed
8 and 9: Top 10 reversed

The engine upgrades should be left as the manufacturer's engine and not changed to the driver's engine, as the driver's engine upgrade will produce 3-5BHP less than the manufacturer's one.

We are not using the WV8S11 League Mod. Please make sure you have a separate install with the V8Factor Unleashed Base Mod + 2010 Unleashed season add-on which you can find above.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]108[/signuplist]

Extremely interesting. I found these much easier to handle around here then the WTMs.
Did 5 laps today, got it just below 2:10s, so I'm fairly happy with this. Most happy about not scratching the walls thou.

Hey, Adam ... Can we make this 1x45 minutes race, instead of 2x20 minutes ? I'm not sure we'll get enough figured out by driving only 20 minutes in racing conditions and then take a break.

EDIT : P.S. : Never mind ! I just realized I was driving the WTM version with Sprint tires. Sorry.

Hit a couple of 12s with the Enduros ... Not as bad as I initially thought. Was expecting to be in the 15s with those tires.
Anyways, a potential "conflict" for me guys. I might not be able to make it, because of the DreamHack Summer 2011 StarCraft 2 finals. It all depends on if they finish in time or not, coz I don't want to miss that.

Damn...

Sadly I will not be able to race... My ex-stepmother is coming to get her stuff... I don't exactly know when but if she sees me racing she'll kill me I think... (She hates everything that can be associated with "Fun"...)

Sorry guys my ADSL line was stolen welkom to South Africa. I tried to use my 3g but the lag was very bad. Will have to sit this one out again, hopefully the line should be up for friday. Missed last friday event also.

Well, I don't think it'll be a good idea to race these at Bathurst without any practice mate... As well as making people wait... (They are already racing anyway)

Get some laps in them before and do the next club race instead ;)

Total disaster of a night for me.
Qually was poor, like over 2 seconds off my PB.
Then in the race I made a decent start, climbed up few positions. At the start of lap 2 thou, the car infront of me (at a fairly good distance) started twitching exiting turn 1, so I thought it'll be wise to try cut on the inside and try to get a better exit. I hit the kerb and then realized I was going too slow for that turn, so I tried to compensate with a bit of throttle. My car let go thou. I tried to correct it, but it went the other way around. Then I tried to gently squeeze in the brakes, but it was already too late and I ended up hitting the outer wall quite hard. Lost both my front tires and the bumper. FUBAR'ed !
Pulled out of Race 2 coz I had a hard day and I'm sleepy as hell already.

Tough races tonight, was baulked on my fastest lap during qualie so ended up 4th. In race one i was pushed off at turn 1 so i ended up having some good battles with Adam, Tobias & Eike, and finished 5th in the end.
For race 2 i got a decent start, but with cars flying everywhere had to take evasive action exiting turn 1. Found myself in 3rd behind Gary & Eike, with Tobias clsoing in behind. After i made a mistake, Tobias passed, and while chasing him 'down the mountain' i bumped a kerb and spun it. The car was perched dangerously on the racing line, wedged against a wall, so i just had to hit the escape button and bail! (i won't be doing that in the enduro later this year however!)

Well done Gary, Anders etc on wins/podiums, and thanks Adam for putting on the show!

Thanks for Racing great fights with Adam and Tobias in the second I hit a Wall too much, in the first Round, the car was damaged a lot. So I had plenty to do, to hold the Car on the Track. Was really funny cya next time.

Way off the pace tonight, seemed to be in a group of my own.

Quali: Got a PB to take 9th.

Race 1: Got up to 7th due to issues with others and was holding off Ross for a while until he just went plain around the outside of me at turn 3. Eike closed in and got me when I ran wide at turn 8. From there I just slowly fell off the back of the pack, catching occasionally when they were battling or made mistakes. Got 8th at the end when Sergio went off at the chase on the final lap.

Race 2: Started on pole with the reverse start and got a flyer. Lined myself up for turn 1 but got a nudge from behind and that sent me into the gravel on the outside of turn 1 (thanks for waiting Tobias :)). Managed to get it back onto track quickly only loosing a few places but I got hung out to dry at turn 3 and hit the outside wall hard. Car was awful after that which led to me hitting the tyres over the top of the mountain and getting back to the pits with a puncture at the end of lap 1. Repaired the car and went off at turn 3 again but carried on this time instead of pitting. I picked up a few places from retirements and had to make another stop because the car was a write-off, but made it home in 6th, 1 lap down.

Thanks to all who raced :)

Race 1 Real good clean racing with Gary for the entire race .... Brilliant stuff :).
Race2 Decent start was taking it gentle to t1 got thru clean but got hit from the side right after the corner hit the wall ..lost splitter,susp damage race over ..boring... But grats to Gary Awesome drive m8 :)

THx to Adam and RD for event

Its impossible for me not to enjoy V8s at Bathurst,huge fun both races but really more annoyed at losing my perfect setup i had before a recent reinstall,got help from Anders for race 1 and used Ross' setup for race 2 so that helped me through the event,but now i have to try and get my proper full Bathurst pace back for the league.

Thanks Adz & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back