Team ORSM

Does ORSM even exist anymore?
This is a question at front of mind for me.
The original post here respectfully requests that they give their view on the subject of a conversion to RF2 of their great work.
Many tracks used in RF2 are actually conversions from RF1.
Many are group efforts. A good example is the Nordschliefe 24 hours. One group started it and got it to a reasonable standard, another finished it off and added it to (with permission) yet another existing track- the GP circuit.
This collaboration is a great example of how good it can end up.

Its 6 months since I posted the question and no reply. from ORSM.
I have also written to Krunch by PM to have a chat about what we can do to get an authorised conversion done. Also no reply.

So rather than let this great work stay unavailable (officially that is, BTW I see it on the server matchmaker so some are using it, just not the conscientious ones) in RF2. I think it might be good to pose the question; Does ORSM effectively exist any more?
Do they have a problem with the track being driven in RF2?

Am I unreasonable in thinking that if there is no response from a ORSM team member in a month or so that they either do not mind or that they no longer exist as an entity and therefore it's ok anyway?

Not sure what to do really.
Please ORSM, let us know what would make you happy to get this great work into RF2.

I'd have to agree that's it's been a while and Still-Bacon has posted here during this time but for what ever reason hasn't answered this thread. Or has at one point but that post has been removed??
I stand by what I said and as a former ORSM member I would think they wouldn't want another group converting it to rF2.
To be honest I would have thought Krunch would have done the track himself already. Maybe he has and isn't convinced rF2 is working at it's full capacity ATM so is holding back. If this is the case then he should let you know either here or just by PM.

What to do? Unknown. I guess if it's a very good conversion, updated textures. Road texture and so on. Added poly to road surface.
I wouldn't do it but as you say, that hasn't stopped others from doing a crap job of it.

Admittedly, rF2 doesn't appear to have the anywhere the numbers of dedicated simmers to what rF1 did have in it's day. So I wouldn't be too surprised if that has something to do with it, and it turn, the lack of motivation to see a scratch built Bathurst for rF2 come to fruition.

If that's the case, hopefully either ORSM or the Community (with ORSM's permission) can give the original one a quick polish and get it out there for a release for rest of us to enjoy. No doubt a scratch built Bathurst would be a mammoth task for anyone. Let alone for Modders that probably have busy family lives.

Anyway, here's hoping someone from ORSM can chime in and give us an update to where they think they might be at with it, or where they'd like to take it in future.
:)

Yup, the odds of seeing a scratch built Bathurst for rF2 seems hell greater than the rF1 converted one making it into the game (at this stage). To me (and probably most), something is better than nothing. And lets be honest, no other version of Bathurst comes close to being accurate like ORSM's one.

Open letter to ORSM.
So guys its now over 6 months and no reply, positive, negative or otherwise.

What I now think is reasonable, is to say that if you have any objection to your great work being enjoyed in RF2 please tell us.
If we dont hear any objection we will assume that either ORSM is ok with it, or that the creators of this track are busy and don't mind or that they dont at this stage exist as an entity and as such there is no rights to protect.

I dont want to seem rude at all or disrespectful, but after this period of time if there was any problems we would have heard.

Do not hesistate to send me a PM if there is stuff you would rather be said in private.

David

Yes we still exist :). We just haven't committed to any new modding projects at this time. Whether or not we are still active on this forum has no bearing on our intellectual property and no one has the right to rip our stuff and release it to another game - ever. If anyone needs to contact us our direct information is in our readme files in all our downloads so there is no excuse for not contacting us. Leaving posts or PM's here is no guarantee of getting a message through.

Personally I'm disappointed with rF2 and I've felt very little motivation to mod for it. That may change but no guarantees. Assetto Corsa is great but with no encryption it's a tough call.

I appreciate people's enthusiasm for our work and I understand the frustration at not having it in more modern sims - in fact that is what motivated us to start modding the V8's and Bathurst in the first place. The reality is that the time and effort involved is massive. It takes energy and takes you away from other things like family for large chunks of time. You make sacrifices in your life. Then you have to watch as unscrupulous commercial simulator operators simply take your work, pretend it's their own and make money from it (fortunately there are a few decent operators out there who do seek permission). When someone rips it to another game it's the last straw.

As for legal questions about the V8's and Bathurst - as non-commercial hobby projects my view is that there is no issue of legality over any of it. Many people from V8Supercars have viewed and actively driven our V8's and Bathurst and had no issues at all.

Don't forget after all our efforts as a modding team (more than 10 years) we've never asked the community for a single cent in return. We shared it all with the sim racing community to play and enjoy and we've never even put up a donate button ;).

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply.
I understand your points. I'm sorry that you dont like RF2, thats your call and with your experience you have the right to your view. I dont personally agree with your view and love RF2 but thats an entirely subjective call.
If you do at some point soften your position and allow someone to convert your track or allow use of an existing conversion please let us know.

In my opinion along with The Nordschliefe its the best track available.
There are plans to run a 24 hours on the Nordschliefe later in the year. One day I hope we can run an endurance series that includes the 1000km of Bathurst, the 12 Hours of Bathurst, 24 hours of Le Mans and 24 hours of the Nordschliefe. That would be epic.

Peace Out

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back