v8, v10 & v12 Engine Sounds (modified pitch) for Modern F1 Cars

Misc v8, v10 & v12 Engine Sounds (modified pitch) for Modern F1 Cars 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
HeskeyBoy21 submitted a new resource:

v8 Engine Sounds (modified pitch) for Modern Cars Mod - Swap audio from v6 hybrid to v8s!

A small mod pack that replaces the sounds of all the Modern F1 Power Units with four different variants of v8 classics Engine sounds.

I altered the pitch of the each Engine sound to compensate for the lower revs of the V6 hybrids (this took some research and general big brain time thanks to complex bdl. files :( ).

Video Here: Video of Mod!

* All AI cars will also have altered sounds...

Read more about this resource...

Not bad at all :thumbsup:

Except at low revs (Honda :confused:), in my opinion Ferrari still have the best engine sound. Why is it always so? :geek:

And by the way, will you work on better v12 sounds for My Team cars?

Thank you. Im gonna improve the Honda sound someway when I get around to it and maybe look into v12s. Ferrari always sounds good XD

And would it be possible to have hybrid sounds of the cars of 2020 but more realistic than those of the games?

Its something I really looked into as I always felt they could have been better like the Assetto Corsa Mods. However, anything I tried when changing audio could not be converted back to the correct format without crashing the game... :( Codemasters use their own special software to pack the audio correctly. No one on the web has been able to decode them, just edit whats there.

Its something I really looked into as I always felt they could have been better like the Assetto Corsa Mods. However, anything I tried when changing audio could not be converted back to the correct format without crashing the game... :( Codemasters use their own special software to pack the audio correctly. No one on the web has been able to decode them, just edit whats there.
Okay thank you. Because there is a person who got there with his mod: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alternate-mercedes-engine-sound.34279/
But the sound is very low, it would have been cool to have the same for all engines.

This is great, thank you! Are you going to do the same with V10s and V12s? How did you open and edit .bdl files?
Perhaps when I get to it. So far, the only way to edit Codemasters bdl. files is to use a hex editor (like HxD). This is a pain cause you have to find out what values change what. I hope in future people figure out how to encode their own custom audio into bdl. without crashing the game.

FOR NERDS THAT WANT TO TRY MODDING CODEMASTERS ENGINE BDL FILES IN F1 2020: Get a hex editor like hxd. 0D 40x seems to change the frequency of the audio? Lower the number, more it sounds like Formula E, chase cam sounds like car is going max speed at all times so its not synchronised anymore?! 05 50x changes pitch. Offset rows 5560 onward is the main chunk. This risk of crashing the game is here. Editing values in 05 column (that has the pitch level at 50x near top) is very likely to crash the game. I could not figure out how to control volume etc. or merge parts of audio from other files into the main chunk without crashing.

Thanks for this, that's great! :geek:

Renault is awesome, Honda excellent. Ferrari and Mercedes too sharp in my opinion. But great work anyway!

By the way, can it work with my team cars?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back