V-WTCC by SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events

vwtccrelease2.jpg

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

V-WTCC enters this season’s final qualification period

Your last chance to win a car!
The Virtual World Touring Car Championship has reached the fifth stage of pre-qualifications. From the 4th of August until the 5th of September everyone can do some online laps on the Swedish circuit of Anderstorp and try to reach the top of the ranking.
V-WTCC is a world championship in simulated racing, using the game "RACE 07" and the free downloadable RACE 07 Demo. It is organized by SimBin and Eurosport Events in cooperation with their Partners. At the end of the season the winner is crowned World Champion and wins the custom designed Chevrolet HHR!

main-image15.jpg

Download the FREE RACE Demo: click here
Buy RACE 07 online: click here

Do you want to win that car? Take a shot at V-WTCC - The Virtual World Championship today!

GMT, CET ... Eastern Seaboard coming online!??!

Hey Bram

I see that a few of us are having problems with the time format ...
Why not start posting up in a couple of other time zones to help ease everyone's confusion, ie. not just GMT but also CET, as I guess most folk here would be on that, or at least can work it out from one or both of those time zones when things are actually going on?

GMT does get real confusing for me, and I am English and have lived and worked abroad for years now, so I should know it really, but it hurts my head to do all this time travel just to figure out whether I can race or not

... I mean, you got GMT, which is the time in the UK when they don't have "daylight saving" (or BST which is what they are on now).
Then the EU, which is where I live, is one hour in advance of the UK
... but if the UK is on daylight saving, then I too am on daylight saving
... which means that I am still only one hour ahead of the UK, but two hours ahead of GMT
... but then in winter it all goes back to just one hour in front of GMT
... oh stop please ... :hurt:

EDIT ... and I got so confused in writing all this that I even forgot the time zone where I have lived for more than 1 year is the same as the UK!!?? :doh:

GMT is the worlds standard time.. bringing in other defaults defenitly wont work. We did it here in the beginning as well running on CET but in the end that confuses more then the standard time zone..

The other suggestion of running events for different zones is something i would love to do, but we first need the interest for it :D

This Weekend: Semi-Final 4 at Oschersleben!

news_main36.gif

The long awaited Semi-Final where top shots Mathieu Prevot and Henrik Horvath will be present is at hand. The competition will be more exciting then ever, as new rules apply!

On August 30 the fourth Semi-Final will be held at the circuit of Oschersleben.

Ranking top shot and BMW Brand Cup winner Mathieu Prevot enters as one of the favourites. He completed the Oschersleben Brand Cup Races the fastest and now finally has the chance to compete for a spot in the season final.

Pretty much the same goes for three times Chevrolet Brand Cup winner Henrik Horvath, who also makes his debut at a
V-WTCC Semi-Final.

The Oschersleben Semi-Final also features the first use of penalty weights in V-WTCC. Due to the obvious domination of BMW in the previous three Semi-Finals the V-WTCC Team has decided to add 50kg of weight to all BMW cars in the Semi-Final of Oschersleben, to put them on equal level with the front wheel driven cars. Additionally V-WTCC now steps away from the use of the standard ‘Dry’ weather settings. Semi-Final competitors can now also run into wet or extremely hot situations during any session of the Semi-Final.

Stay tuned for more news around the Oschersleben Semi-Final!

Read more:
V-WTCC - Virtual World Touring Car Championship" on all pages | Presented by SimBin

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%