GTR2 Using Plugins with Steam Gtr2

Can I confirm these steps are sufficient?

1. Install stock GTR2 with Steam.

2. Copy rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll and RealFeelPlugin.dll to GTR2\Plugins\

3. Start GTR2: Once in cockpit you hear "RealFeel is enabled" through speakers

Is that all? There was some talk of .exe file names and maybe hex editing files. Is that needed?
What you do is enough for Real Feel to load. If you want CC support, you do not need rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll (although this plugin is useful if you use SimHub, otherwise do not use it as it takes some resources),

GTR2 has the dedicated plugin for CC support, if you need that see the link in the first post. Note that even if you do not need CC support, CrewChief.dll includes some features that are useful even without CC (affinity setting) and I will be adding more of such.

Hex edits are only needed if you want 4Gb, extra cars, and weather patch (soon coming to CrewChief.dll). Minor hex edits do not interfere with the fact that Steam GTR2.exe tries to load rF1 plugins.

It is no surprise that you do not see huge boost with 1080 - GTR2 is mostly a CPU bound game.

Last edited:
Ok, good. Sadly, I'm just not feeling anything no matter what I do.
You do hear "Real Feel Enabled" message though, right? But yeah, I doubt it does anything. At some point in the future I'll have a look into what is actually going on, but there are a lot of more pressing issues that need looking at first...

Last edited:
Can I confirm these steps are sufficient?

1. Install stock GTR2 with Steam.

2. Copy rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll and RealFeelPlugin.dll to GTR2\Plugins\

3. Start GTR2: Once in cockpit you hear "RealFeel is enabled" through speakers

Is that all? There was some talk of .exe file names and maybe hex editing files. Is that needed?

1. Yes
2. you do not need rfactorSharedmemoryMap.dll for realfeel or Crew Chief. It is to enable Simhub, Second Monitor, and likely other app that uses rf1 telemetry and Api.

3. yes, you do not need the hex edits but it is a big improvement to the Gtr2.
RD do not allow me to upload the hex edited Gtr2.exe, which is a bit silly. but their rules.

Congratulation on the new and improved GPU,
You can easy run Gtr2 in VR on a first generation VR headset with a GTX 1080 . My neighbor got that GPU and a Vive and runs this and AC in VR
Don't forget to install crew chief too you will not go back and run without again.

See The Iron Wolf had answered before i posted

Last edited:

Shovas

Premium
You do hear "Real Feel Enabled" message though, right? But yeah, I doubt it does anything. At some point in the future I'll have a look into what is actually going on, but there are a lot of more pressing issues that need looking at first...
Yes, definitely hear "RealFeel is enabled"

Ok, I do not know how or why, but suddenly track map appeared on screen with GID.
When I exited this practice, I could not see it in other maps.

20201211_201331.jpg

Last edited: