• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

US WTCC 2013 MONZA RACE - TRAILER

Emilio

500RPM
Jan 15, 2014
Turn 1 was a thing of beauty. Friggin awesome.
Nice vid ;)
Indeed! I had tears of joy in my eyes when I looked back.
... I guess everyone who survives T1 in Monza looks back immediately... it's like: "let me see the pile of cars!" :D

Sean Kenney

500RPM
Sep 16, 2014
You should make a snippet of that first turn.

I remember thinking in my head, as it was my first time at Monza, ohhh dear, slow and steady and be ready to dodge everyone and be ready to be a55 backwards.

Shannon Flynn

When in doubt, pass out.
Mar 8, 2009
... I guess everyone who survives T1 in Monza looks back immediately... it's like: "let me see the pile of cars!" :D
It's such a habit, that I even look back at turn 1 when I'm hot lapping :p

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Premium
Sep 24, 2010
Thats so funny, when I made it through there I did look back to see what was going to happen, but it was amazingly clean:thumbsup:

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Premium
Sep 24, 2010
Thats so awsome to see, interesting to see from your view, I can notice where I was slow or faster and how your car was handling. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Emilio

Emilio

500RPM
Jan 15, 2014
Glad you liked it!
It was a fun race: I really liked it a lot. Are you going to be online for our next race with the WTCC? :sneaky:

Chris

9000RPM
Premium
Apr 1, 2011
Really impressed with how solid the netcode looks, especially considering it's a client-side hosted lobby.
If I wasn't told that, I'd have just assumed it was running from a dedicated server. :)

Emilio

500RPM
Jan 15, 2014
Really impressed with how solid the netcode looks, especially considering it's a client-side hosted lobby.
If I wasn't told that, I'd have just assumed it was running from a dedicated server. :)
Hey Chris! Hi! Ladies and gentleman if you haven't had the occasion to run with/against him (I had the chance when Assetto Corsa build was 0.8 or something), I introduce you to a really freaking fast Alien!!:alien:
Man, you should take a few laps on this game... I'd really like to know your opinion about it!;)
By the way the net code as you said is pretty amazing. No lag, no warping... The way contacts and crashes are resolved looks like it's a LAN race.
spectacular! :thumbsup:

Sean Kenney

500RPM
Sep 16, 2014
I can't wait... Redemption, although I have never driven on zolder. Gonna try today if work goes smooth... Famous last words

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Premium
Sep 24, 2010
Turn 1 should be a doozy in the WTCC cars, I really like Zolder, has a great flow along with some slight elevation.

Sean Kenney

500RPM
Sep 16, 2014
Cool, I will probably do the same as I did in Monza, let everyone go by me if they are close, unless I get a good start and spot to turn in to. Don't want to be the one to cause a massive wrekc.

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Premium
Sep 24, 2010
Traditionally Turn 1 at Zolder in real life its a mess, theres always contract and a car spinning, I guess its the nature of the corner.

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
Nov 24, 2009
I raced Zolder last night - first time I remember ever racing it. I somehow missed it for years. It was fun and I got a 5th out of 9... with 2 drivethrough penalties... :O_o::roflmao:

Reactions: Peter

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Premium
Sep 24, 2010
Ive done some races there and usually perform well, suits me maybe. Like I said I just love the flow of the track. I like how you get close to the pit wall for entry into T1, the sweeping T4, hopping over curbs for the first chicane, then cresting the hill into the second chicane, car bottoms out, after that its man handling the car the next few corners. Its a blast.

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 79 30.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 99 37.6%
  • Facebook

Votes: 47 17.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 61 23.2%