Urd gte skinning help

Hi everyone.

I have selected the car I want to skin. I have created a new directory. Dropped in my new skin and it works fine.

I need help figuring how to paint other parts of the car. E.g the windows. I don't want the (I'm afraid to say rather ugly) URD banner.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

So you can see what I mean, I am trying to edit the window banners - Here you can see the United Racing Design banner which looks well out of place.
Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.18.52.png

I'm not at my gaming PC, but if you open up a .mas from a different Aston, it should give you the format. I thought a template was included for it.

I think it is [car texture name]win.dds If there is multiple texture files, you should put them both in a single .mas file.

Just open the .mas file and extract all the .dds files, since most windows can have different names it's best to just open them all and then you'll know which ones are the correct ones to edit. It's also important to name the files properly when they are inserted into the directory after editing. For example, if your car file is named alt.dds and the windows textures are 01extra.dds and 02extra.dds simply throwing those into the directory won't work, at least that has been my experience, so correct me if I'm wrong. Follow this rule and it should work for any "extra" parts you've painted.

Always name your car alt_1.dds or any other variant as long as you have an underscore "_" followed by a number, Then when naming your parts like 01extra, windowin, windowout, you have the name of car followed by the "underscore" and then the "number" and then the "name" of the 'extra' part. For example for the ones I listed above would read in the your car folder, assuming you named your car alt_1.dds,
alt_101extra, alt_1windowin, or alt_1windowout Be sure the .rcd file points to the correct file name for your car.dds

Hope that helps
Cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back