AC URD eGT @ Mugello Thurs 12th Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Mid-pack Jack you are deffo improving! No stability control for you Sir!!!

Such a struggle though Si. I find the handling more realistic in AC than GSCE for example. In GSCE I find the cars like to step out way too eagerly. But AC has a nice balance. But glad they can use factory TC.
Thanks for the compliment. I am getting there...........slowly. Really do enjoy these cars though and your race format.
Similar format race with the lotus GT cars would be nice. ;)

First race was a bit of boring hot lapping. I raced with mediums on the Viper and I was quite happy with my consistence and the error-free race that landed me on a lonely P6, 3 seconds away from the car in front or behind.

The second race was a different story. I had a nice uneventful start and I went a bit more aggressive than usual on the overtakes, as I knew that on a reversed grid you either overtake or you are overtaken.

After overtaking a few cars I got briefly stuck behind @Mid-pack Jack while my mirror was getting busier and busier with all the names I usually only see on lap 1 before they fly away on the distance. However I managed a clean pass and Andy kindly hold back the swarm of perusers for a while. I found myself in P3, behind @Ramon Salles and @Falko Renner, knowing that Falko was lighting fast and he would catch Ramon I ducked behind Falko until he made a small mistake and I got P2. There I was, with a 3 seconds gap to P1 and Falko pushing me like hell (while @Si was pushing him) I pressed as hard as I could (beating my PB by nearly 1 sec) until I got just behind Ramon exhaust and I saw Si and Falko span out. Then...

Then I panicked. I knew I was faster than Ramon (I just did a 1:48.0, and he was consistent on mid 1:49s) and I had a nearly 10 seconds gap to P3. That could be my first podium in RD, or even my first win! Could you imagine? "Honey, you know all these races you hate because I don't let you stream from internet while I talk and race with random guys? yes, the ones that I always loose, yes. Well, I won one. Are you not proud of me now?!". No, I had to focus, There were still 6 laps left! I aimed for T1, got the interior of Ramon, blocked the apex and all the usual stuff but in T2 I was not far ahead enough to slam the door so I stayed wide and lost my momentary lead. What it should have been a nice run to any braking point (T1 being the favourite choice) and then pull away became a long list of near hits, "Hi Ramon, this is the nose of my car, you like it here besides your door?", but no way to pass him for more than 50 metres.

Oh well, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman knew they had Paris. Me and Ramon had the last turn of the last lap. I arranged an appointment with him and I left Correntaio early to be sure I was on time. I got the interior, pulled nearly an entire car length in front, "this is looking good". I braked not too early but definitely not too late. And then I saw Ramon re-appear on my right to take the turn in front by taking the outside line "How he did that?!" I slammed the throttle and I went most of the last turn side-ways looking for the grip it was denied to me. P2, "What a race!"

"You see honey, I nearly did it! I didn't win the race, but I wrote a book about it!"

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back