Hi!
I've been trying to upload a 130MB .zip file to RD for a few days now, but after a couple minutes (usually once it reaches 8-10%) the blue bar stops progressing, then completely disappears. The name of the file is lakeside_park1998.zip. I've tried using different browsers, rebooting my router, using a vpn, using a proxy, and nothing seems to work. Interestingly, I am able to upload a smaller file with no issues. In the end, I decided to upload a text file with a link to the file on mediafire, as well as having the link in the description, but that post got deleted. Hoping someone knows what the problem might be.
Screenshot 2021-12-26 144232.png

Hmm, that's pretty weird. I'm not aware of any previous problems having been reported by other users of your ISP.
(The mod with the external link will have been removed by a moderator because we don't permit external links.)

Not quite sure what to suggest next, given the long list of things you've already tried.
I'm wondering if a browser extension (common to both/all of the browsers you tried) or even an AV/webfiltering package on the machine might be playing a role. Have you tried uploading from another machine (or even your phone, which I think is possible but I've actually never tried)? Have you tried uploading a similar-sized (or even bigger) but different file?

I will consult the website logs to see if they shed any light (long shot at best).

OK, the errors from your uploads are "499", indicating that the client closed the connection while the web server was processing the request. This might indicate that there's an extra layer somehow interposing itself between your browser and our server. Since you've tried a VPN already I guess it's not something your ISP is doing, so my suspicions are still on the PC itself.
One other thing to try - if you bring up the developer console in your broswer (F12 in Firefox and Chrome) and select the network tab before starting the upload, it just *might* show a useful error when the upload issues strike... :unsure:

A help. Where I put a "link" of the "sharemods" of some "skins" I made. I'm not getting. A little tricky around here. On another site, I put the direct "link" without any problems. Thank you very much in advance .A small sample of what it would be.

Attachments

• Ferrari156.FranceGp1961.png
    Ferrari156.FranceGp1961.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Ferrari156.GermanGp1961.png
    Ferrari156.GermanGp1961.png
    368 KB · Views: 52
  • Ferrari156.MonacoGp1961.png
    Ferrari156.MonacoGp1961.png
    320.9 KB · Views: 51
A help. Where I put a "link" of the "sharemods" of some "skins" I made. I'm not getting. A little tricky around here. On another site, I put the direct "link" without any problems. Thank you very much in advance .A small sample of what it would be.
Sorry but I can't work out what your actual problem is. I recommend starting your own thread instead of following on from another person with a pretty specific issue (unless your appears identical). You could try using an online translation service if your English is holding you back from explaining it clearly.

Hi I have a similar problem. The bar either starts at 20% or it starts to fill up and then disappears. In any situation and regardless of the browser I use I cannot update my mod. I have been trying since yesterday. I even left the upload overnight thinking that this will do something. I am a little desperate because after many attempts the error remains the same "Oops! We ran into some problems.
You must upload a file or provide an external download URL".
The only time I've been able to upload an update is when I mistakenly failed to upload the update file.

Hi I have a similar problem. The bar either starts at 20% or it starts to fill up and then disappears. In any situation and regardless of the browser I use I cannot update my mod. I have been trying since yesterday. I even left the upload overnight thinking that this will do something. I am a little desperate because after many attempts the error remains the same "Oops! We ran into some problems.
You must upload a file or provide an external download URL".
The only time I've been able to upload an update is when I mistakenly failed to upload the update file.
Not sure what might cause this I'm afraid.
Which browsers have you tried so far? Any browser addons/extensions in use?
When did it last work OK for you?

I should also have asked how large the new file is...
Edit: for info, our logs say your uploads were getting timeout errors; nobody else had those errors though so it's not obviously an issue at our end. If you have access to a VPN it might be worth trying it through that to rule out a connectivity issue with your ISP

Last edited:

I should also have asked how large the new file is...
Edit: for info, our logs say your uploads were getting timeout errors; nobody else had those errors though so it's not obviously an issue at our end. If you have access to a VPN it might be worth trying it through that to rule out a connectivity issue with your ISP
I have tried "pure" chrome, edge and opera. nothing has helped. I also used a VPN as suggested - that did not help either. I then tried my laptop from a completely different network, but still the problem persisted. The file always uploaded to a maximum of 50% no matter what the file extension was etc. The file weighs exactly 167 MB. The only desperate solution that worked was to upload the file to my phone and then upload the file to the website. My phone was connected to the same router as my computer. So the only site I could upload anything to was the mobile version. It is quite inconvenient and time consuming so hopefully something can be done about it. The last time I uploaded an update was Sep 19, 2021. I had no problems then and uploaded the file.

I apologise for the chaotic way in which I have described things, but I have concentrated on giving you the best I can on this matter.

I then tried my laptop from a completely different network, but still the problem persisted.
Very glad to hear you succeeded in the end, even if you had to use your phone.
When you say you tried your laptop on a different network, was the laptop in question the original machine you had been using? If so, then it appears that the laptop is the common factor in all of the failures, right? You tried changing browser and using a VPN and that didn't help. But your ISP is exonerated because your phone succeeded on the same network (and again, the VPN didn't help). I'm inclined to wonder if perhaps the AV on your laptop is playing some part. Other than that, I'm out of ideas...
(And if the laptop wasn't the original machine, then I'm even more out of ideas, unless I guess its setup shares some vital element with whatever other machine(s) you tried.)

Very glad to hear you succeeded in the end, even if you had to use your phone.
When you say you tried your laptop on a different network, was the laptop in question the original machine you had been using? If so, then it appears that the laptop is the common factor in all of the failures, right? You tried changing browser and using a VPN and that didn't help. But your ISP is exonerated because your phone succeeded on the same network (and again, the VPN didn't help). I'm inclined to wonder if perhaps the AV on your laptop is playing some part. Other than that, I'm out of ideas...
(And if the laptop wasn't the original machine, then I'm even more out of ideas, unless I guess its setup shares some vital element with whatever other machine(s) you tried.)
Oh sorry for not mentioning that and creating some confusion. My main machine for modding/uploading that im using is my Computer. So this is the main problem because no matter what device/network I use I always have problems with the computer version of the site. The purpose of trying to upload the file to the server via my laptop was troubleshooting because I thought it might be something with my network or computer. Using the phone should be a temporary replacement and maybe things will improve in the future. In any case, thank you for your help.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%