Update and Hotfix 24th May 2023

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Changelog:24th May 2023

New content - BMW M4 GT3 in GTR3 car class
GT3 car classes have received physics updates - remember to reset your car setups
WTCC 2013 cars have received physics updates - remember to reset your car setups
Force Feedback - Introducing dynamic linearity which will allow us to tune the forces on a per-car basis through steering geometry and power steering adjustments. It makes all the cars feel more grounded and solid to drive, particularly at low speed. This update makes the existing FFB Linearity slider obsolete, so slider was removed with the update. The changes will help to get the most out of any type of wheel, however, you may find that some weaker wheels need a slightly higher ‘Minimum Force’ setting with the removal of the linearity setting. Users who were running above 85% linearity before shouldn’t have to change anything. However when used to 80% and lower, it is recommended to up the minimum force by 1% or 2%.
Brands Hatch - updated to 2023 specs
Donington - Updated to 2023 specs
Sonoma - Updated to 2023 specs
Dedicated Server - Added a LiveUpdate feature. The setting takes a value in second and defines how often the dedicated server will update ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Dedicated\UserData\Log_Dedicated\Results\Live.txt with everything happening in real time on the server. Information is provided in json format.
Game client - Adjusted the formatting of results files being written inside ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\Results\ - Changed file data and time prefix to be the same for any session of the same event, making it easier to match sessions together. Modified to use userID’s instead of strings where applicable. Added LiveryID

Changelog:Hotfix 26th May 2023

Fixed a game crash that was occurring when attempting to save certain ghost files. Users who experienced the crash likely have a corrupted .gh (ghost) file in their game folders.
Get rid of the .gh files with a timestamp from May 24th, 25th or 26th (after this week's release but before this hotfix) to prevent the game from ever attempting to load them again.
Those files can be found in My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\TimeAttack\[TrackName]\
Dedicated server - Fixed "SAVE" button not showing up when only changing the LiveUpdate interval value
Dedicated server - Fixed "UserID" being wrongly logged with -1 value in the LiveUpdate file.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back