Update 0.8 has landed

I have been driving the Ferrari 312T like a maniac last days ... for me no doubt this is the best car ever in a sim ... i never thought one day i would say this about a formula winger cause i never liked to drive this kind of cars but this one is just the best

About the AI's ... i only tryed the 312T and they are very good ... level 96 suits me perfect on default setup for Imola, Monza, Nurburgring, and Silverstone with 16 cars on grid. At Mugello i must set level to 94 cause i cant keep the pace on 96.

AI's can be very competitive, can overtake me if i just make small mistake and i can have great close battles during races ... sometimes i got bumped on the back because they did break too late when pushing the pace ... but it was a big improvement since last update.

These are the points i would like to see improved on 312T AI's

Places where 312T AI's need to be faster (i can overtake them very very easy):
. Monza - Aproaching T1
. Imola - Acque Minerali and downhill to Rivazza 1
. Mugello - Aproaching T1
. Silverstone - Aproaching Brooklands corner
. Nurburgring - Aproaching T1

Places where 312T AI's need to break early to avoid crash:
. Silverstone - Breaking for the last chicane (i got bumped there too many times)
. Imola - i got bumped too many times on Villeneuve on lap1 if i go on the left "lane"

Another thing that keeps anoying me me a lot since AI's release is that they unnecessarly break too much when turning inside making other cars crash him in the back

Last edited:
I have been driving the Ferrari 312T like a maniac last days ... for me no doubt this is the best car ever in a sim ... i never thought one day i would say this about a formula winger cause i never liked to drive this kind of cars but this one is just the best

About the AI's ... i only tryed the 312T and they are very good ... level 96 suits me perfect on default setup for Imola, Monza, Nurburgring, and Silverstone with 16 cars on grid. At Mugello i must set level to 94 cause i cant keep the pace on 96.

AI's can be very competitive, can overtake me if i just make small mistake and i can have great close battles during races ... sometimes i got bumped on the back because they did break too late when pushing the pace ... but it was a big improvement since last update.

. Monza - Aproaching T1

. Silverstone - Breaking for the last chicane (i got bumped there too many times)
. Imola - i got bumped too many times on Villeneuve on lap1 if i go on the left "lane"

Another thing that keeps anoying me me a lot since AI's release is that they unnecessarly break too much when turning inside making other cars crash him in the back
Lots of these problems will go away if the AI difficulty is turned up ;)

. Monza - Aproaching T1

Great post! I love seeing people elaborate on what is annoying them rather than just saying that it sucks.

Another one of the problems with the AI (among many I admit) is that even when you're really far away, going into a corner, they'll go to the inside line as if they were defending from a car that was close to them. This KILLS their exit speed, and you can easily overtake them on the straights.....

It seems to get the AI to the point we would like it's going to take programming it turn by turn for each track. I find that on alien, with cars I'm not familiar with, they smoke me. Once I'm up to decent speed with the car and track I can compete or fly by them when I'm competent. The AI isn't bad for average to beginner drivers but for more advanced pilot's it isn't enough to hold your interest.

Sorted out the "no cockpit appearing" issue with F1 :)

I can only describe the performance improvements of 0.8 (0.8.2) as nothing short of sensational. Can now run triple screen rendering with 10% more FPS than single frame rendering at 5760 x 1080 on my 780Ti. Amazing job. AI improved too. Great work.

There is somethink wrong with tyre wear. I Burnout for over 10 min and my tyre wear was only 96%? My temp went to 696 C and 136 psi.

I also did burnout with lotus 125 s1. tyre wear went easy to 77% and the not even one % less.

something is wrong

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes