Update 0.8 has landed

I'll try that and see if it improves.

But it's weird for me, because for example at Monza, I really only notice a drop in frame rate along the pit straight, and through Ascari down to Parabolica. Other than that the FPS is pretty decent.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried the Alt+Tab method, and it did nothing.
However, I have noticed a general slight improvement in FPS (at Monza at least, I've not tried Magione), with the release of v0.8.2
All Alt+Tab does for me is raise my GPU usage without any performance boost. Performance is all over the place for me.

I am really liking the new lighting and sky graphics. Great job Kunos.
All the new eye candy is definitely taking a bigger toll on my CPU usage and Gpu. I hope that future Nvidia driver updates and Kunos updates give us better performance in the near future.
At the moment I am struggling to run this game at 2560X1440 @ 60fps with my 3770K at 4.6 and a GTX Titan. I have AA at 4X and fast AA at 1X everything else maxed out. My first CPU core is almost at 99% all the time with new 8.0 update. But I am not complaing. The game looks stunning now.

I am really liking the new lighting and sky graphics. Great job Kunos.
All the new eye candy is definitely taking a bigger toll on my CPU usage and Gpu. I hope that future Nvidia driver updates and Kunos updates give us better performance in the near future.
At the moment I am struggling to run this game at 2560X1440 @ 60fps with my 3770K at 4.6 and a GTX Titan. I have AA at 4X and fast AA at 1X everything else maxed out. My first CPU core is almost at 99% all the time with new 8.0 update. But I am not complaing. The game looks stunning now.
In all honesty you shouldn't have much issue at that resolution with that card. Something is wrong with the AI calculations thread. I'm not maxing out my CPU or my GPU's. Try lowering track detail and the reflections settings. I haven't seen anyone post performance figures with a Intel hex core yet.

• Deleted member 151827

I have a middle of the road pc and keep 60 fps with vsync. I have settings pretty high. Wonder why some are having issues?

In all honesty you shouldn't have much issue at that resolution with that card. Something is wrong with the AI calculations thread. I'm not maxing out my CPU or my GPU's. Try lowering track detail and the reflections settings. I haven't seen anyone post performance figures with a Intel hex core yet.
My Fps performace is fine just hot lapping, but as soon as I race against 11 AI then my CPU usage shoots to 99%, and my game starts stuttering. My Titan averages about 85 to 90% uasage. I don't understand why your Cpu is not struggling like mine. Maybe you're right and I should lower some of my settings that are effecting the CPU usage only.
With all the new Graphics options we need a detail explanation and a review of how each setting effects our performance on our PC's. I wish HardOcp got their hands on this game and do an article on it...

My Fps performace is fine just hot lapping, but as soon as I race against 11 AI then my CPU usage shoots to 99%, and my game starts stuttering. My Titan averages about 85 to 90% uasage. I don't understand why your Cpu is not struggling like mine. Maybe you're right and I should lower some of my settings that are effecting the CPU usage only.
With all the new Graphics options we need a detail explanation and a review of how each setting effects our performance on our PC's. I wish HardOcp got their hands on this game and do an article on it...
We can try to do one over here. I need help with taking csv files and graphing them.

We can try to do one over here. I need help with taking csv files and graphing them.
I wish I could help you Saleem. To be honest with you I am about to be come a Dad, our first baby. The gas tank just broke 3 hours ago and now its just waiting time till contractions become more frequent. I am so excited.
Last night when I played AC and my wife was on the couch giving me the look, I had to tell her that I am doing a practice race run with Niki Lauda's Ferrari to the hospital with my G27.... wish me luck guys.

• Deleted member 151827

I wish I could help you Saleem. To be honest with you I am about to be come a Dad, our first baby. The gas tank just broke 3 hours ago and now its just waiting time till contractions become more frequent. I am so excited.
Last night when I played AC and my wife was on the couch giving me the look, I had to tell her that I am doing a practice race run with Niki Lauda's Ferrari to the hospital with my G27.... wish me luck guys.
Good luck my friend! Hope all goes well. :)

I use the free trial version of Excel 2010 still (Office Starter edition), it's pretty easy there.
UysiBT7.jpg

vSK9kNy.jpg

You get more lines with more columns (they share the first column as X axis and have their own Y values)

For a more programmer approach I use R where you can just do
data=read.csv('file.csv',header=TRUE)
plot(data$numbers,data$heights)

etc.

This sounds very much like the issue I was having, anything above 10 AI and I would get micro-stutters. The FPS would stay the same with 11 to full grid of AI. I did 2 things to solve this but, I can't say which one worked as I did them both at the same time.
1) I changed the "Pre-render Frames" in Nvidia Control Panel
2) I set the FPS cap in AC to about 60 - 70 FPS​
Since then, no more stutters what so ever

PC: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / GeForce GTX 670 / Win7

Disabling all apps seems to have a huge impact on fps. Some apps seem to be worse than others. Although that's on ATI cards crossfired (which I believe have some issue with rendering the app fonts or something...) so may not apply to nv.

Cubemap Res on reflections also seems to have a fairly hefty fps impact for such an innocent looking slider - worth trying that on low.

I use the free trial version of Excel 2010 still (Office Starter edition), it's pretty easy there.
UysiBT7.jpg

vSK9kNy.jpg

You get more lines with more columns (they share the first column as X axis and have their own Y values)

For a more programmer approach I use R where you can just do
data=read.csv('file.csv',header=TRUE)
plot(data$numbers,data$heights)

etc.
Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried in Excel yet but have tried giving it a go in Libra office and open office and they were both a disaster!

I did three test before I had to run errands and start to repair my fence (enjoyed hanging with my wife as usual). The first test was me on the track in practice mode at the Nurburgring F1 and the second one was with 15 AI and finally the third was with 19 AI at same track. I had no issues at all keeping at 60 fps. Only a slight slowdown to about 56 fps at the start and never saw any thread go over 72% of usage. I'll try and do a full grid tomorrow if I get the time.

Also this test was with the apps hidden and no third party apps installed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.