Unwanted throttle deadzone

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by R1Joel, Aug 28, 2018.

1. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Been playing for about a week now on my first sim setup (Fanatec CSL Elite) and having an absolute blast. I have predominately been driving FWD cars, but the last couple of days I have been driving some more RWD cars too, The Porsche Carrera Cup (Super Boxer) to be exact.
    I am having quiet a bit of trouble in the acceleration zones with traction. I have realised now what I think the problem is. I have to push the throttle down a good 4cm to get the input to start to register. On the Fanatec properties page I only have to press down millimetres for the throttle to measure, I checked Raceroom and it is the same as the properties page, so I think it is an issue with AMS.
    On AMS, the deadzones are 0% and 100% and sensitivity is 100%. I did play around with these settings but it made no difference.
    I had a similar issue with the brake pedal, but I was able to tune this out with the in wheel brake force setting.

I am very new to all this, so I am wondering if there is something obvious I am missing?

Thanks for any help. :)

2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +624
    have you tried to removed your controller settings and add them again?

first time i added my pedals i had an deadzone that wasn't possible to remove using calibration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    I'll give it a go. Do I delete the .ini file in My Documents or can I do it in game?

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +624
    If I remember correct, I just deleted my setup in game

• Like Like x 1
  5. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Excellent. Thanks Jens, when I get on later I'll delete and re add. :)

6. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Got it sorted. I feel a bit stupid, because it is so much better now. How I kept driving the way it was is beyond me. The brake is much better now too.
    Thanks again Jens. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.