Understeer FFB weak?

Long time Kunoz fan. Played Netkar, nkpro, Ac and now Acc. Never driven a real Gt3 car, but it's hard to imagine how ac and acc is SO very different in how understeer feels. I'd figure my Csw 2.5 is probably doing a decent job, but it just doesn't feel like I feel anything but a very very slight change in wheel weight when understeering. Is this really the way it is irl???

Maybe understeer is easier to recognise in VR, but I have no problem recognising it in ACC, I find it painfully obvious when it's happening.. When it's happened to me in real life I don't remember there being any big clues other than the car isn't turning as much as expected.

Hey!
About six months ago I managed to get 9 Jaffa Cakes in in one go, but I did NOT film that attempt :)

I love ACC. The problems with the game (and I haven't suffered many like so many here seem to have) is not really with the physics. The kerbs are a bit funky at times, but I guess that's to do with the contact patch simulation on sharp edges causing extreme forces in the physics engine, and I'm sure they'll find a way to reduce those spikes and make the kerbs a bit more consistent.

Well done on the Jaffa Cake count! I'm sure I've got the old vid somewhere on a backup hard drive:roflmao:

I have to agree on the physics side of things, although in the last build I've found the kerbs a bit more predictable. I'm getting a lot less random spit-outs on exit kerbs, and can feel on the FFB when I get 'stuck' over the outside edge of the kerb and have to wait till the end to safely turn back onto the track. I'm really loving the simulation of the wet weather, the FFB really comes into its own there (I may not have track time, but some spirited driving on Norfolk backroads in the wet correlates very well). I'm just hoping to find a decent league to get a "real" experience of the sim.

@RasmusP Hey thanks again for the settings.....WAAAAY different response. I loaded up the Porche at Silverstone and it obvious when the car pushes. OBVIOUS. Its also possible to catch slides, gotta be quick on the big ones, but its way way better so thank you. I confess that in the time I have had my wheel, I have been reversed on FF verses FO labels in the Fanatec settings. Id be interested in further explanation of that one. I think my final settings are identical to yours barring pushing the in game FFB a touch, as well as the FO a few clicks. Anyway....much better experience!!

@RasmusP Oh man is this fun....first time ive really been that excited about ACC. And at the top of Eau Rouge @ SPA..... oh my.... you can certainly feel the steering get light, and even crossing grass after pushing wide at Silverstone, the steering goes light....totally different sim. Glad i said something, even more glad smarter people than me weighed in!!

Great to hear Mark! Happy to help :)
If you wonder why I know this stuff:
I'm studying mechatronical engineering. Strange word. Basically mechanical construction, some basic coding, microchip design in the higher years and some electrical engineering stuff.
So Simracing + FFB wheels is a summary of it all :D
I have no real knowledge as I have never seen the code of a wheel driver or the ffb code of a game but a lot of testing, reading, drawing stuff etc I've built enough knowledge to be able to dial in every game to a good feeling and know why what setting does what and why which wheel feels like it does.

It started with a Look Up Table (LUT) guide for my G27 in AC to get a smooth center transition. Worked on it one full summer holiday whenever I could.
Wrote down all my notes and created a little article/guide.
I also tested a lot in Raceroom and created a little flow chart to understand all the settings.

It's no rocket science but I was interested in this stuff and it makes me happy to make other people happy :)

Here are two pictures of my drawings. I updated my ffb-leveling drawing just now.

FFB_Leveling.JPG

R3E_FFB_Chain.JPG

Well that explains a lot. It becomes clear there is not a specific "right" setting per se, though certainly wrong. I might begin playing w the setting now that I know how to think. Be neat if Kunoz would let you send a specific sample of the range to the base (say lower 1-5%, or 2-6%, ect) . Make it easier to find what forces are not being translated. Since I'd guess a vast majority of folks don't have DD, or even mid grade wheels.

Thanks again for the info.

AFAIK large part of FFB weight depends on grip itself, so with street tyres that loose grip quickly past the optimum slip angle we feel the understeer clearly.
With slicks we loose less grip, and for me it feels like ACC went to 11 with reducing grip drop at higher angles. And IMHO that's why cars feel so playful, having little grip dropoff allows the setups to be balanced more aggressively than in AC and still remain stable / well behaved.
Now since FFB feel heavily depends on grip, less grip loss in understeer situations creates less FFB change. So to me it is down to tyre model physics.

I don't think there are any special FFB effects (besides the ones in game options) in both AC and ACC, so if somebody feels FFB is better in one, it also means that basic tyre physics are better in that one. Meaning that if it feels like ACC is right about car feel, it is also right about FFB and vice versa.
Why doesn't anybody know the difference between lose and loose

Why doesn't anybody know the difference between lose and loose
Hmmmmm.
Reviving a 4-year-old thread to diss somebody's spelling...?! Worse still, the somebody in question clearly lists their location as a country where English isn't the main language, and their name is consistent with them not being a native speaker of English.... :O_o:
Well, I shall choose instead to believe that somebody pranked you when you walked away from your computer, and posted something to make you look silly :p
(The next thing you know, someone will quote you and complain about the missing question mark at the end of your question :roflmao:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.