Ultra Wide 5120x1440

I am thinking about getting a Samsung G9 49 and wondered if anyone else is running one with RaceRoom? I see that there is no 5120x1440 resolution option in the video settings in game and would like to know if there is a workaround at all?

• Deleted member 197115

I am thinking about getting a Samsung G9 49 and wondered if anyone else is running one with RaceRoom? I see that there is no 5120x1440 resolution option in the video settings in game and would like to know if there is a workaround at all?
R3E supports this resolution out of the box. For distortion correction you can run in triple screen mode. These are the setting for 1000R G9 (240hz model)
Spinners angle: 23 degrees
Monitor size: 21"
Distance: measure the actual to the center of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

I can’t see that resolution setting within the menu ? Sorry if I’m being dumb .
May be you need monitor with that resolution in the system for it to show up.
1625424622551.png

fov.jpg

I can’t see that resolution setting within the menu ? Sorry if I’m being dumb .

May be you need monitor with that resolution in the system for it to show up.
View attachment 485923
View attachment 485924
Yes, a lot of games only offer the resolutions that are "actually there". Mostly you can see some "standard" resolutions that are lower than your native resolution, but not higher.

When I open a game on my 3440x1440 monitor I see the DSR factor resolution like 6880x2880, but no "4k".
When I switch to my 1920x1080 TV, I see 3840x2160 (4k) available at the same 4.0x DSR factor.

Cheers for the insight @Andrew_WOT !

I recently installed R3E again and was wondering how to tackle the projection correction.
Also no FPS limiter, but managed with other means (Riva Tuner).
I assume you cannot make the vertical black lines in triple screen option go away, or can we?

Thanks again, Rob

• Deleted member 197115

I assume you cannot make the vertical black lines in triple screen option go away, or can we?
I haven't found a way but surely would love to know as well if there is one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please explain the vertical black lines and when they appear ? I can’t see any in the above video , does that mean it’s not running in triple mode ?
When you're using real triple monitors, they will have bezels and if you render the 3 images without filling in the bezels, the image will "jump" from the edge of one bezel to the edge of the next bezel.
What you do instead if making the virtual black lines as thick as your real bezels so that your brain perceives the 3 images as "one".

These super mega ultrawides can look more natural if you use the triple screen mode with them, but sadly there's no setting to turn of the triple-screen-bezel-correction. Or at least no one in this thread found that setting yet.

This looks correctly "bezel corrected". On the right tyre you can see that the yellow line "makes sense". You can continue the yellow line in your head through the bezels and know where it should continue.
Without bezel compensation, this wouldn't make sense, since the right monitor would continue with the yellow line exactly where the bezel of the center monitor begins.
You would see that the tyre would be "chopped".

Trips.jpg

Thank you , so in the video above would you say he is running without triple mode ?apart from the lack of black bezel correction lines is there anything else to suggest he is or isn’t , just trying to establish if I can live with the image without triple correction as I’m not sure I can live with the black lines , if there are going to have to be black lines then I may as well go down the triple route .

• Deleted member 197115

These lines are like 1 pixel thin with bezel set at 0. Barely noticeable and on the video it might be single monitor mode as side mirror does look stretched a bit. It's not that bad in that mode, just some distortion on sides.

Thanks for these settings.

I found a post on the sector3 forum on how to remove the black bars -

Create a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel - 5114 x 1440 for G9 or 3835x1080 for CHG90 and chose that resolution within raceroom

I found this image on the interwebs, I hope the original creator approves of a repost here, because an image says more than a thousand words. It's pure genius, but still so simple.

I have been playing with single screen setup on my G9 for a year now, and I started crying when I realised what I had been missing out on, when I set it up as "triples".

The view is just so more natural and intuitive. it just can't be described in words.

Attachments

• Samsung_G9-FOV.jpg
    Samsung_G9-FOV.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 179

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back