AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Laguna Seca, Thursday 6th July

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Scott, is there a reason we again have seperate practice and quali?
I was just trying to make it a bit more obvious that you can practice before quali. Really the event starts at the quali time. I had to bump it ahead 30 mins a few weeks ago as I was struggling to get on the server in time for quali.

Still undecided on what car to use. I really should do some practice before the race instead of just bowling up and driving the Ultima....

Put me down as a maybe...having lunch with a friend that I haven't seen for a couple months and not sure I'll be back home in time.

If I don't make it, hope everyone has a great set of races.

I might be home in time for the second race, if so I will join but I am not sure yet!
Put me down as a maybe...having lunch with a friend that I haven't seen for a couple months and not sure I'll be back home in time.

If I don't make it, hope everyone has a great set of races.
Okey dokey, maybe see you both later on track! Preferable not going past me whilst parked in the gravel :)

My Rift mic stopped working so I was swearing into the void, + I had enough of that Nissan.
I struggled with it at Barca - I found it was actually harder to drive than the Ultima which seems insane.... After that race I tried the Macca and it was a joy compared to the GT-R

It's funny how cars are so different across sims. In AC it was completely the reverse for me. The GT-R was this stable rock that you had to completely abuse to lose control, but the Macca felt like it was on a knife edge for me.

Results are up https://simresults.net/230706-5yy

That was a tricky combo. Had some great battles through both races, but keeping it on track was probably the main battle! :D

I liked the self imposed drive though @Michael Rudolf - you were mighty on the brakes in that 911 though and there was no way I could defend without being a bit of d*ck :)
Haha yea I wanted to start last but with the server restart ended up on pole again :roflmao: so I figured I take a DT which only brought me to P3. That was a fun battle mate. It's tough cause although the GT3s are faster over a lap the GTOpen cars have more top speed so it's difficult to be close enough to attack. Still not used to the sim, tried to read the message box that came up as it seemed important and binned it.
Just saw in the replay I gave you a little nudge when you went off in R1, sorry for that

It's tough cause although the GT3s are faster over a lap the GTOpen cars have more top speed so it's difficult to be close enough to attack.
Yeah, when I could get the power down properly, the lower weight was really apparent. I still don't quite understand how the GT3 is so good under brakes though as I thought the extra weight would mean the opposite. I think you were just bloody good at getting the best out of it!

Just saw in the replay I gave you a little nudge when you went off in R1, sorry for that
Ah, no worries. I think I was a little too deep and unbalanced prior anyway, so it probably didn't make a huge difference to the outcome. I need to watch to see how everyone managed to avoid me sitting right in the middle of the track! :D

Yeah, when I could get the power down properly, the lower weight was really apparent. I still don't quite understand how the GT3 is so good under brakes though as I thought the extra weight would mean the opposite. I think you were just bloody good at getting the best out of it!
The way the cars felt in comparison it felt like the GT3s have more aero / downforce which would help under braking, too. Admittedly, I really do like the Porsche in this game though, just feels right to me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.