AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Laguna Seca, Thursday 6th July

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
ss185231-jpg.574760

Come join us this Thursday as we see how well the Ultima fares through the iconic corkscrew at Laguna Seca and if it can still hold it's own against the GT3s on this challenging track.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #2 - Thursday GTO vs GT3 Endurace
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Laguna Seca
Class: GT Open / GT3

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCBSTCESTEDT
Practice30 mins18:3019:3020:3014:30
Qualifying25 mins19:0020:0021:0015:00
Race 125 mins19:3020:3021:3015:30
Qualifying / Break5 mins19:5520:5521:5515:55
Race 225 mins20:0021:0022:0016:00

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. CK1249
  3. Bas Kriesels
  4. Munkyboo
  5. Sanbone
  6. Lloyd Johnston
  7. Redvaliant
  8. Eric S
  9. Michael Rudolf
  10. The Almighty Snark*
  11. grooc*
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
If the TT leaderboards are anything to go by, then the GT3 class should have the edge here. Not entirely sure why as I thought the elevation change would disadvantage them due to the extra weight. I can only assume they are a lot more stable through the corkscrew section.

Hi Scott, sounds like a great combo. I am in. Looking forward to this. The week after, I will not be able to attend, as the company I work at, throws the annual summer party. Will probably be difficult driving in a straight line afterwards :whistling:

Welcome Mark! I feel like I'm finally starting to get to grips with the Ultima, but this one is going to be one hell of a test! :D
Last week was the first time I'd driven it so I was quite happy with how I did, weirdly I found the Ultima more manageable than the Ginetta that just felt really tail happy.

Last week was the first time I'd driven it so I was quite happy with how I did, weirdly I found the Ultima more manageable than the Ginetta that just felt really tail happy.
Oh, that's interesting. Was the TC set to low by default? I found the same thing when I tried switching to the Nissan a couple of weeks ago.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.