AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Adelaide, Thursday 13th July

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
It's an ongoing mystery as to the numbers who take part in the RD races and why we can't convert some of the 3.5 millions members into racers. If you look at the race forums for this week there is no friday AMS2 race or the Rf2 race. Thursday Rf2 race is missing too - in fact, it's wall to wall AC as it seems to be the popular sim on RD, but even they don't have large numbers. AMS2 has a hard core of about 7 people week in week out...it's an uphill struggle. I don't really know what the answer is, except to keep going.

Last edited:
It's an ongoing mystery as to the numbers who take part in the RD races and why we can't convert some of the 3.5 millions members into racers. If you look at the race forums for this week there is no friday AMS2 race or the Rf2 race. Thursday Rf2 race is missing too - in fact, its wall to wall AC as it seems to be the popular sim on RD, but even they don't have large numbers. AMS2 has a hard core of about 7 people week in week out...it's an up hill struggle. I don't really know what the answer is, except to keep going.
And keep going We shall! :thumbsup:

We're sticking with Adelaide? Would put a few laps in in that case since the last time I've seen this track was F1GP in the 90s :roflmao:
I think so now we have a few more. I was going to switch it to Donington National until I realised it was about the same length! :D

I haven't raced on the modern layout, only the historic one. I think it's mostly just a shortened version though?

I just don't get it, there are plenty of racers here at Racedepartment/Overtake, who comment positively on the news articles released about AMS2 past few days, but we can't seem to get more racers online on Tuesdays and Thursdays!!
Yeah, it's frustrating at times and I'm at a loss of what to do. We don't really have a huge pool of people to pull from if the steamcharts are any indication as the likes of AC has 20x the active playerbase, so it's always going to be tricky. I think the quirks of the sim don't help with the numbers, but those that persevere with it tend to be a lot more chilled and we seem to have a more relaxed environment for racing, so it's not all bad.

For some insane reason I've just hit the upgrade all firmware button for my wheel and base, many things are now flashing at me in a worrying manner.
OMG, I know from first hand experience (Eric also) you have to upgrade in a specific order (first base then Wheel I think) if it's bricked you need to go back to the firmware you were running and start all over again!?

Thasnkfully I made it through the upgrade unscathed.

On another note, what the hell is this track surface made from, Lockupmium? MIght have to try the Ginetta I'm all over the place in the Ultima
oh - you on the server? I forgot to check the track temp! Just going to pop on and check now......

That was good fun , thanks everyone for showing up!
Great race 1 @GeekyDeaks. enjoyed that a lot. You had me on the edge all the time :)
Is it possible to share the replay with AMS2? Forgot to hit save on R1
yeah, I was trying my best to keep you on your toes and the draft down the back straight was the main thing keeping me in the game, but once you broke the tow I was struggling to hang on and pushed it too far on the penultimate lap. Great fun though! :D

I'll upload my replay after work tomorrow for you

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea