AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Adelaide, Thursday 13th July

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
ULTIMA-ADELAIDE.jpeg

This week we are going 'down under' and taking the challenge to modern Adelaide. The GT3 seemed to have the edge at Laguna Seca and if the TT leaderboards are anything to go by there might be a bigger gap here, but it was closer than the leaderboards suggested at Laguna so maybe the Ultima just hasn't received enough love at either track so far....

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #2 - Thursday GTO vs GT3 Endurace
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Adelaide
Class: GT Open / GT3

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCBSTCESTEDT
Practice30 mins18:3019:3020:3014:30
Qualifying25 mins19:0020:0021:0015:00
Race 125 mins19:3020:3021:3015:30
Qualifying / Break5 mins19:5520:5521:5515:55
Race 225 mins20:0021:0022:0016:00

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. Redvaliant
  3. Bas Kriesels
  4. Munkyboo
  5. Eric S
  6. Michael Rudolf
  7. Sanbone
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
I'm in. Big fan of Adelaide, big fan of too much power and hard, close walls. It's Ultima time.
You're in Daniel!

Talking of too much power. If the TT leaderboards are reasonably accurate, the Super V8 is a close match for the GT3 here.... Might be something to consider for a future event!

Before I squeeze myself with my family in a Thai Tuktuk driven by a ladyboi on our way to a pingpong show which after all had nothing to do with the Asian beloved game of table-tennis I will have one final go at this combination at Adelaide.

Before I squeeze myself with my family in a Thai Tuktuk driven by a ladyboi on our way to a pingpong show which after all had nothing to do with the Asian beloved game of table-tennis I will have one final go at this combination at Adelaide.
Hope You don't go to the 'game' with the kids :confused:.

Daniel, seems like a small group this evening. Would it be an option to choose a shorter track, this track is quite long with just 6 cars.

Daniel, seems like a small group this evening. Would it be an option to choose a shorter track, this track is quite long with just 6 cars.
I haven't checked the TT leaderboards of many tracks to see where the two might be comparable, but I'm happy to switch to something else if everyone is happy. Shall we see a little closer to kick-off, say 18:00 UTC?

I haven't checked the TT leaderboards of many tracks to see where the two might be comparable, but I'm happy to switch to something else if everyone is happy. Shall we see a little closer to kick-off, say 18:00 UTC?
Sorry Scott, forgot it was your event tonight! Excuse me! I don't want enforce anything, just thinking ahead and see what the others think. Otherwise it could be a sort of timetrial, where everyone is driving alone...

Sorry Scott, forgot it was your event tonight! Excuse me! I don't want enforce anything, just thinking ahead and see what the others think. Otherwise it could be a sort of timetrial, where everyone is driving alone...
It's fine, I totally get it mate.... I'm busy at work most of today but I'll try and monitor what is going on so I'm prepared for any last minute changes :)

I just don't get it, there are plenty of racers here at Racedepartment/Overtake, who comment positively on the news articles released about AMS2 past few days, but we can't seem to get more racers online on Tuesdays and Thursdays!! Okay it is not the most stable multiplayer game, but the 10 restarts at the oval the other week was hilarious, it's just how you deal with these things but if we can all make the best of it, it's a great game in my opion. The regulars on raceday are great companions on the racetrack and we have really nice conversations when we're not racing. Hope it'll change for the better in the future with all the updates.

It doesn't matter which track or which car. If I can race it all fine by me! I'm last anyway :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.