Tyre Grip

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by 90Fabry, Jul 8, 2017.

1. 90Fabry

90Fabry

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys how do I change the tyre file to get more grip? Thanks :)

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Premium

Ratings:
    +6,946
    I dont know sorry, and i don't go changing things like that anyway, as it will cause miss matches when i race online and i will get booted from servers as a possible cheat.

but i feel the game has to much grip already the cars are on rails at times, and then not enough at times but i wont go there again.. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,340
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +429
    The way to get the most grip in AC is by using optimum grip for the track, if that is not enough drive one of the car that has traction control and if that is not enough you might be better trying a different SIM.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,782
    If it's on V10 tires, increase DX_REF and DY_REF. If it's on V1-V7, increase DY0 and DX0.

• Like Like x 3
  6. danraz3r

danraz3r

Ratings:
    +1
    And where it shows which kind of tires has a car? (.tbc file?). Thanks

7. Lefthook

Lefthook
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    I have done a couple pickup races and a few Simracingsystem races and from my experience, by the time the race starts the track is already at 100% grip. After about 10 minutes of racing, every track begins to feel like a parade because there is so much grip.

Grip is probably my biggest gripe with Assetto. There is some odd low speed issues and also that the grip level is equal across the entire race surface, so at 100% grip it gets a bit ridiculous.

8. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +244
    Used to be by changing the specific circuits track grip, if you went to 125% and went too fast the car would tip over due to excessive grip.:redface:
    so I think the optimum was 120 %.:p:p:p
    There are quit a few lines of text to change if I remember correctly , not a 10second quick fix.

Not sure really why you would want to do this, maybe for a laugh.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But as said before, online you will be chucked if you forget to revert back to normal.

You need some grip to give some sort of feel in virtual racing, assetto corsa generally feels
    about correct to me:)

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    AC feels too gripy in the back here, while the front has a kind of 'auto slip' feel. Brakes locked up or free rolling doesn't seem to make any difference once I break loose.

10. IgnacioK

IgnacioK

Ratings:
    +6
    I must admit that the grip in AC feels strange to my ,the best way to explain is like vegaguy5555 say that the front feels slippy while the rear dont slide that easy.

For instance in LFS you have a lot of grip but you can drift so much easy and the front feels like you are in rails .

That say , i ''used'' to think (many years ago) that rfactor dint have grip at all ,coming from LFS grip feeling was a big change.

edit: how rude of my part, i forgot to give some advice :

Try to lower the tire pressures ,some cars have the tire a bit over inflated (imo) try with from 3 to 5 clicks (ugh lol) lower

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R

Ratings:
    +477
    Not really a reply to the OP but I like and use a starting grip of 97% and a gain between 100 & 150 (can't remember exactly.) 97% from what I have read is about right for an unused track and with a 24 car grid it will hit 100% during a sprint race with session carryover from qualifying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.