Two technical issues...

I'm having two problems with RRRE, I doubt they're related - one is a minor inconvenience, and the other makes the sim almost unplayable.

The first issue is I get a message from Steam saying 'Failed to start game (app already running)'. The screen flickers, sometimes leaving me on the desktop, and I can select the RRRE icon on the taskbar (or Alt-Tab) and it will appear fullscreen again, usually in the middle of the intro videos. This doesn't seem to happen on the first launch of the game, only on subsequent launches. But even on the first time, it seems to do a weird flicker at the start, as if it's launching something twice.

The second thing is a bigger problem - the sim will simply freeze for a few seconds in the middle of a lap. The audio continues, and the car is definitely continuing to move, as when it unfreezes itself a few second later, I appear in a different part of the track (usually in a wall). This can happen once a lap, twice lap, every few seconds, or not at all. It seems entirely random. I thought it was performance-related, but I'm getting a solid 60fps and it keeps doing it. When I've turned all visual settings to max, my framerate suffers a bit, but the freezing doesn't increase - I just played a few laps at max settings where it didn't freeze at all... so I guess something else is causing this...

Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated.

I hope this doesn't sound too dumb to you but sometimes we overlook obvious stuff. Could your freezing problem be related to a anti-virus program? can you turn it off for a few laps to see? can you try silent mode? use a different av? I had similar problems and that is what cured it for me. I know what you mean about unplayable, not too much fun being in contention for a podium and have a 3 sec freeze end your campaign. As far as the "already running", I am impatient so when I double click on my r3e icon to start the game, sometimes nothing happens for what seems like quite a while, maybe fifteen seconds or so and I will click it again thinking maybe i just missed it and it will immediately start and display the "already running" message. Good luck finding & fixing your problem, should be plenty of help around here.

That was a while ago so I think it's time to bring it back up. I'll see what we can do.

Hi Sonat

Lately, well for at least a year my RRE will just minimize to desktop and freeze my PC and then I need to do Ctrl alt delete and disable the game in task manager. The game can still be heard running but nothing can bring the game back and nothing can be done to the desktop. I have the latest Nvidia drivers etc, no AV running etc and this only happens in RRE. None of my other games or sims do this. It happens randomly too. I can be well into an online race when it happens and sometimes just doing AI racing.
Do you have any one else experiencing this type of crash?
Cheers
Andy

Have you looked at Windows Event Viewer after a crash? That can show the file(s) that cause the error. I have had to use it a few times to get rid of errors with other programs.

@Georg Ortner @Sonat Ozturk
Its a mystery. And it must be the game. It happened tonight again in the race club here. And as usual, after it performs flawlessly and behaves with no problem. But guaranteed it will happen every single time.
Actually windows event log shows this:
EventData
APPCRASH
Not available
RRREWebBrowser.exe
5614da64
libcef.dll
53fc72ed
0010ec70
C:\Users\Andrew Jackson\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF7C6.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Andrew Jackson\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFBDC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Andrew Jackson\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFBDD.tmp.hdmp C:\Users\Andrew Jackson\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFCA9.tmp.mdmp
C:\Users\Andrew Jackson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_RRREWebBrowser.e_b9d1c8433d643d5e522d5eff361e854cdf41cc5b_0fad02dd
ab8014ee-9558-11e6-9066-d43d7ef145f1

Last edited:
What he (Striezel) did was go to \My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData and rename the graphics_options.xml to anything you like, this would make RRe create a new one. If it doesn't you just put the name back or if you like you can move the file to another folder so it's easier to move back if it don't work! Used to have to do this to Microsoft FSX more than a few time......

What he (Striezel) did was go to \My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData and rename the graphics_options.xml to anything you like, this would make RRe create a new one. If it doesn't you just put the name back or if you like you can move the file to another folder so it's easier to move back if it don't work! Used to have to do this to Microsoft FSX more than a few time......
I'll try that tonight. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back