Twist on the G25 G27 Nixim / Rubber Brake Mod

Has anyone bothered trying this?
I am about to try the rubber mod with wine bottle rubber corks... Those things rarely crumble and are made for high compression.. So I was dozing off in work today seeing where I would go to get these hard rubber blocks and the wine bottle rubber cork came into mind... I´ve been testing stepping on one right now and pressing it hard and it seems hard enough while still allowing for a bit of movement.. And it feels the right size to fit the G27 brake spring... Gonna try this tonight or tomorrow and see how things work..
Will keep posted

Has anyone bothered trying this?
I am about to try the rubber mod with wine bottle rubber corks... Those things rarely crumble and are made for high compression.. So I was dozing off in work today seeing where I would go to get these hard rubber blocks and the wine bottle rubber cork came into mind... I´ve been testing stepping on one right now and pressing it hard and it seems hard enough while still allowing for a bit of movement.. And it feels the right size to fit the G27 brake spring... Gonna try this tonight or tomorrow and see how things work..
Will keep posted

Interested in your results...if any good may try on my G25

Upvote 0
For some reason on this PC I'm already logged into my old account, however, this is the original poster...
Yesterday when leaving the office I left the cork on the table top and the office cleaning lady took it for trash... go figure... Today I got restless and bought a few springs and proceeded to trying with them.. Ends up one of them fit snugly into the original G27 brake spring, so I cut it to about less than half the length of the original G27 spring and wrapped it around hydraulic tape (the white one, very fibrous that you use to tape around pipes so it doesn't leak). The reason I did that, was to avoid any clicking from one with the other, while still retaining flexibility of the spring...
However I'm still convinced, even after opening up the brake pedal and measuring with a real cork I had here in my house that the rubber cork would be even a better solution and would be easier on the plastic casing which in this case gets pressure from the inside spring...
Oh well, I don't drink wine that much, and the ones I have here all have real corks.. So I asked a friend who collects them to bring one to work for me... Problem is, he only comes into the office on Thursday...
Who knows, I'll keep an eye out for a rubber cork until then, but if not, on Friday I should do some more testing..

Upvote 0
So I finally tried the rubber cork... It works excellently!!! I still haven't gotten the dimensions down right perfect... My first cork was a bit too long, so I cut it down a little more and it became too short ( a little under 3 cm). However the feel is amazing. The just under 3 cm measurement gives me enough resistance to be able to feel the brake, however if I push hard enough, I can still almost run the potentiometer the whole way down, which means I haven't lost all that much sensitivity... I just got some more corks this weekend and will be trying different sizes and lenghts...
Just for reference, can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of a Nixim Mod rubber?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back