Twin Sims... The Build

Progress...
  • Legs on monitor mount widened.
  • 2nd monitor mount assembled.
  • Rough placement determined.
  • Waaaaay to much time spent getting the 1st side monitor adjusted to 58 degrees
Both mounts have center monitor fully installed.
Left monitor mount on left rig is locked in. The other three monitors need to be adjusted but now that I know what I am doing... should be easier. Holding off until I am sure 58 degrees is where I want to be.

1000007057.jpg

1000007054.jpg

1000007055.jpg

1000007056.jpg

Attachments

• 1000007055.jpg
    1000007055.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 4
So quick update as my "build week" begins. Thankful to have such a huge start on this project prior to today. I now have 7 days off work but lots of projects seem to have slipped into this week.

So, this is where I am. Monitors still not perfectly aligned but need to move on.

Screenshot_20240427_081622_Gallery  start.jpg

Rig 1 needs:
  • Pedals installed.
  • Pedal plate adjustment (lower)
  • Computer
  • keyboard tray
  • mousepad
  • cup holder.
  • Power/wiring
  • Feet tightened.
  • Montors further adjusted and some type of black out between screens.
  • Sound solution.
  • Sim floor installed (through not sure I will be using. Seems to be easier to get in and out without.)
  • cable management solution.
  • Possibly a floor mat. Sim Lab mat has been out of stock forever. Probably would hold off on install until down the road when making less changes. Easy to slide in and out now.
  • Software
  • Basic tactile on the seat.
rig 1.jpg

Rig 2 needs to be assembled from scratch.

Since the Sim Shelf will not fit on the side of the rig where I was planning, I have attached them to the back of the monitor stands. This will make cable runs easier anyway.

Before

Screenshot_20240427_080224_Gallery no tray.jpg

Shelf installed.

Screenshot_20240427_080258_Gallery tray.jpg

Oh, and still need to run other end of new power source to house panel and the network lines up to the den.

This is where I ended up with monitor alignment.

1714221308493.png

Time to get to it...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back