TWF Dash Universal Ecosystem - iRacing, AMS2, ACC, AC, RF2 and more

TWF Dash Universal Ecosystem - iRacing, AMS2, ACC, AC, RF2 and more V2.2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
acidelic submitted a new resource:

TWF Dashboard for Simhub - iRacing and ACC - Dashes made specifically for sim racing

View attachment 646783
New name, new features, new design
Reimagination of dashboards for sim-racing.

Rather than using replica dashboards made for real-life racing, use a family of dashboards custom-made for sim racing. They can probably make you faster.

Features:
  • A brand-new design in two colours, blue and black.
  • Always on live (progress) delta to session best and all-time best. (Action C when visible)...

Read more about this resource...

acidelic updated TWF Dashboard for Simhub - iRacing and ACC with a new update entry:

New features (pit helpers) and bug fixes

• Added a pit warning that warns you when you are overspeed, or have not enabled your limiter
  • Added pit box distance meters
  • Added a automatic pit MFD with tyres and fuel info
  • Created a new pedal visualizer, and fixed some bugs with the existing one
  • Added configurable alert, lap review, and popups across all dashes
Please make sure you replace the old json file with the new.

Read the rest of this update entry...

acidelic updated TWF Dashboard for Simhub - iRacing and ACC with a new update entry:

Contextual alerts and bug fixes

New contextual alerts that appear automatically when they are relevant.

Take a backup of your existing JSON file and, copy the new file in JavascriptExtensions, customize it per your content.

PIT:
Displays your tyre and fuel calculations once you reach pit lane.

SPIN:
Displays a map on the main screen to help you rejoin safer once you spin.

DAMAGE:
Displays your car damage on the main screen (ACC only)

HEAD 2 HEAD:
Displays the information on the car behind or ahead within a certain...

acidelic updated TWF Dash Family for Simhub - iRacing and ACC with a new update entry:

Compatibility with more games with lots of new features

The TWF Dash Ecosystem is now made universal, so ideally it should work with every game that SimHub supports - some features might not work or be missing as intended depending on game.

Fully compatible with: AMS2, ACC, AC, iRacing with enhanced features.

Changes:
  • A complete rewrite of the dash code
  • New tyres UI: shows inner, outer and middle tyre temperatures, brake wear, brake temp, and tyre wear depending on the game
  • Rev & Shift LEDs are now added to all of the dashes as...

I've been having some issues getting changes to the config file to take. If anyone else is having issues, delete any comments, and pretty much anything not inside the { brackets }. Apparently JSON files don't like traditional coding methods of adding comments such as // and #.

Did some googling and found this:

Might be helpful to anyone who's having headaches trying to get changes to the config file to take.

That minor issue aside, great updates.

I've been having some issues getting changes to the config file to take. If anyone else is having issues, delete any comments, and pretty much anything not inside the { brackets }. Apparently JSON files don't like traditional coding methods of adding comments such as // and #.

Did some googling and found this:

Might be helpful to anyone who's having headaches trying to get changes to the config file to take.

That minor issue aside, great updates.
Thank you for the info. It works for me somehow, but will remove it in the next release. I will share a readme file instead.

Hi I just found your dash and it looks really good.

Question/suggestion about the CAS. I found this clip of the Porsche RSR 2017 with a version of CAS without a real camera.
(around 6:20). It uses wireframe images of cars moving around. Is this something that can be implemented? Would make a nice extra for people who can't use OBS but still have the real experience.

Last edited:
Hi I just found your dash and it looks really good.

Question/suggestion about the CAS. I found this clip of the Porsche RSR 2017 with a version of CAS without a real camera.
(around 6:20). It uses wireframe images of cars moving around. Is this something that can be implemented? Would make a nice extra for people who can't use OBS but still have the real experience.
Unfortunately no, not for iRacing at least, angle & distance of the cars are not shared within telemetry. Would be nice though.

Unfortunately no, not for iRacing at least, angle & distance of the cars are not shared within telemetry. Would be nice though.
That is unfortunate. My main goto sim is iRacing.
I can't check the real data now but I think that in the Romainrob properties there is a iRacing_DriverBehind_00_Distance. But not sure if that is in time or in physical distance.

Distance can maybe be faked with time, eg 2 sec behind is a small wireframe car; 1,5 a bit bigger, 0,5 sec: the view is filled with a big wireframe car.

Also in the Dahl properties there is something for gap left (LeftCarGap) and right (RightCarGap): https://dahl-design.gitbook.io/properties/properties/race

That is unfortunate. My main goto sim is iRacing.
I can't check the real data now but I think that in the Romainrob properties there is a iRacing_DriverBehind_00_Distance. But not sure if that is in time or in physical distance.

Distance can maybe be faked with time, eg 2 sec behind is a small wireframe car; 1,5 a bit bigger, 0,5 sec: the view is filled with a big wireframe car.

Also in the Dahl properties there is something for gap left (LeftCarGap) and right (RightCarGap): https://dahl-design.gitbook.io/properties/properties/race
but it still won't change the placement of the car. All dashes uses the same properties, which is distance for iRacing. Even the arrow that is currently placed is using the same. What you are asking is if we can place a wireframe of a car instead of the arrow.

I wouldn't do that and here is why:

When we place a virtual camera or a car it actually serves a purpose, you can see the other cars. You can see the location of it and take an action.

Without that information, placing a car wireframe instead of an arrow only acts, in my opinion, as even more distraction. If we were able to place the car's angle as well, then i would have definitely done it. In fact I wanted to design it similar to how tesla's dashboard car illustrations work.

Without an actual use case, or an added function it only becomes a personal design decision that can cause more distraction, which I am not a fan of.

However, you can easily replace the arrow with the car you drive in dash studio and all of its functions will continue working :)

I believe these design customizations can be made by the users :) it gets more people into dash building, that is how i started as well.

but it still won't change the placement of the car. All dashes uses the same properties, which is distance for iRacing. Even the arrow that is currently placed is using the same. What you are asking is if we can place a wireframe of a car instead of the arrow.

I wouldn't do that and here is why:

When we place a virtual camera or a car it actually serves a purpose, you can see the other cars. You can see the location of it and take an action.

Without that information, placing a car wireframe instead of an arrow only acts, in my opinion, as even more distraction. If we were able to place the car's angle as well, then i would have definitely done it. In fact I wanted to design it similar to how tesla's dashboard car illustrations work.

Without an actual use case, or an added function it only becomes a personal design decision that can cause more distraction, which I am not a fan of.

However, you can easily replace the arrow with the car you drive in dash studio and all of its functions will continue working :)

I believe these design customizations can be made by the users :) it gets more people into dash building, that is how i started as well.
Many thanks for your reply and I can totally agree with your arguments.

I have experience with dash studio soo I can change it without any issue.

Let's hope more telemetry will become available in the future.

acidelic updated TWF Dash Universal Ecosystem - iRacing, AMS2, ACC, AC and more V2.2 with a new update entry:

Beta Release

Migration to JS is now 90% completed, so many issues now should be fixed.

Please read the README file for installation. Requires SimHub 8.3.7 to work.

To download:

Not sure if it's just me, but I haven't been seeing the wheel slip indicators work in ACC since I want to say v2.1.0. Not a huge issue, but I found it very useful getting the car dialed in.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%