Tutorial - Create a skin with AMD Graphic card

Hi guys! I have been interested in creating skin months ago; its easy to find tutorials, but is not easy if you have an AMD graphic card. Here you have a easy tutorial that could help you.

1- Find and open the template in Photoshop (Thats the program I use).
2- Paint the skin.
3- Save as "alt.psd".
4- Download this program https://www.reaconverter.com it haves a free trial. (I use it and I dont have problems) Add your .psd, select "convert to: .dds" and then start.
KIHP3Mo.png

5- Open Rfactor 2, select your car and click in tuning.
6- Click on "CREATE DIR"
jH72P1T.jpg

7- Then go to the folder following the "Loose skin directory" and you should have a new folder (The names can be differents"
rj6hApD.png

8- Open the folder and drag the .dds file you have converted.
9- Go back to Rfactor 2, tuning, and then click in the arrow and then you livery will appear
l8qbgrr.jpg

10- Click on "Create" and write the info needed. And there you have your skin able to use! =D
Ym9sqGi.jpg

Ask any type of question, I will answer you! :)

You don't say why it is not easy if you have a AMD card.
I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter if you have an AMD card but if I'm wrong, I've learnt something.

Do you think you can't use the nVidia DDS photoshop plugin because you have an AMD card?
The plugin is for Photoshop, not your AMD card.

You don't say why it is not easy if you have a AMD card.
I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter if you have an AMD card but if I'm wrong, I've learnt something.

Do you think you can't use the nVidia DDS photoshop plugin because you have an AMD card?
The plugin is for Photoshop, not your AMD card.
I tried to get the .dds plugin and didnt get, and the only way to do it was this. Maybe its possible to get that plugin but i tried and imposible

Personally I like to use the INTEL DDS plug-in for Photoshop. It's cleaner and you don't get that gamma affect with greys that iVidia DDS get.

The iVidia is great and works well. It's just old technology were as the intel one is newer and works better in today's standards. Iintel one is dx 11+ and games like Assetto corsa that run dx 10 want run with the intel DX11 dds textures. As this is rF2 it works fine.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin.html for the intel one. Be sure to read the guide. And I mean read it. Just skimming like most off you do when reading post and then getting it all out off context want help you in this.

For example; DXT5 in known as BC3 for DX10. INTEL I use BC7 for rF2.

BC7RGBA8BPPFast CompressionUseful for high quality color maps, color maps with full alpha. It provides the best quality compression only on DirectX11+ level hardware
BC7RGBA8BPPFine CompressionSame as above with longer optimized compression time for a finer result

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies