Featured Tuskuba and Charlotte Heading to iRacing this December

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,480
    iRacing Tsukuba 2.jpg
    Two new circuits are set to be added to iRacing as part of the upcoming build release, with the Japanese Tuskuba circuit and Charlotte Roval both confirmed recently.

In a really good move from the iRacing developers, both of these new circuits are also set to be released as free content to all members, with any paying subscriber to the services set to receive the new content when the season 1 build release update drops this December.

Of course Charlotte already exists within the simulation in its oval configuration, and this version of the circuit will be renamed to Charlotte Motor Speedway 2016 in order to differentiate it from the new Roval layout.

iRacing Charloltte Roval.jpg

"Tsukuba Circuit, located in Japan, is really two tracks in one. Course 1000 and Course 2000, with multiple variations of both. Course 2000 is the original track and is approximately 2 km long. Course 1000 was added later and is approximately 1 km in length. Both layouts include multiple configurations for a total of seven options for iRacers. This makes the track a perfect fit for our base package as it can be used in multiple series without becoming repetitive.

When the Charlotte Roval is made available it will show as an all-new track – the old Charlotte will be renamed to Charlotte Motor Speedway 2016. The entire track surface is new and derived from a fresh laser scan that we collected earlier this year – this includes the infield portion as well as the NASCAR oval. The new pavilion and pit road suites have been added to the artwork and you will also notice the NASCAR turn 2 grandstands have been removed and scenery outside the track has been updated – the Dirt Track at Charlotte and drag strip are visible for example. Initially, only the Roval layout will have the updates but we will be updating the oval layout to these standards in phase two.

The Roval is a 17-turn, 2.28-mile track that utilizes nearly the entire NASCAR oval, plus a brand new infield section. If the competition on iRacing is anything like the debut NASCAR races, it will be an action-packed facility! The original version of the Charlotte Motors Speedway and its road course will remain available and in the base package.

iRacing Tuskuba 1.jpg

The new build and content are expected December 4th 2018.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  2. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,648
    Looks great :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Raikku

Raikku

Ratings:
    +60
    "Tsukuba"

• Agree x 5
    • Love x 2
    • Haha x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Beer x 1
  4. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +331
    So are we to expect the AI in that build? Considering they said to be released in 2018 time is running out.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +226
  6. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    Trees and grass could do with a make over or are they just place holders

Track surface always looks best in sims for mine

7. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Tsukuba will be amazing in a Skippy! Awesome news!

• Love Love x 1
  8. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +599
    Absolutely agree...I have put off purchasing any content until the AI arrives...just my personal choice...as when it does arrive, assess what extra content I need then purchase it to make full use of the AI.....Gosh, I have not even purchased the Porsche GT3 as yet...lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. tigermilk

tigermilk

Ratings:
    +25
    I have been to Tsukuba (not Tuskuba) many times for work, but sadly never to the track. It is one of my favorite shorter tracks.

• Love Love x 1
  10. drift92

drift92

Ratings:
    +52
    Oh man..

11. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +131
    Damn right track - Tsukuba -, but wrong game for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +294
    Tsukuba is awesome - good add.

Got my first ever iRacing win at the old Charlotte roval.

iRacing is still too expensive and the FFB is bland... :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,597
    nice addition

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  14. sjb266

sjb266

Ratings:
    +275
    Until someone takes you out... which inevitably happens every skip race!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    Depends if you’re in a good split or in the noob split. From my experience you take a higher risk entering GT3 races.

Back to topic: looking forward to both tracks, especially since they’re free. Nice move. Had hopes for a laserscanned Portland International Raceway though…

• Love Love x 1
  16. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +452
    AI is the most difficult aspect in a racesim as we see in the current sims. I expect the AI to be on par with rF2 - AMS at least. If not, no subscription for me. Rather have a top notch AI than a half baken AI...

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Slowdive

Slowdive

Ratings:
    +42
    And for the same price that you can purchase ACC, you can get these TWO tracks. LOL. No.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips

Ratings:
    +7
    Iracing has lost me as a subscriber now due to the on going and unfixed crashing mid race of the simulation
    Tried everything suggested on the forums and more but still kept getting it.
    Never happens in any other SIM so with rF2 and ACC both progressing that is me for the time being

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    True. I actually took someone out last Sunday and sent him an apology. It happens to all of us!

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. RufGTI

RufGTI

Ratings:
    +105
    • Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.