AC TUDOR USCC @ Road America - October 3rd

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First off, apologies to @monsieurjackb for the bump. I wasn't expecting ya to be as slow as you were going into that corner :(.

Overall, for me, it wasn't that bad of a race. I still need to keep the car on track though. I went wide in T1 on the second lap, I am pretty sure it was because of bad air from the car in front... Ended up sliding across and hitting the wall pretty hard. It left me with some pretty bad understeer, and was costing me about 4s a lap. I didn't want to waste a pit for repairs, so I waited 8 or so laps to do repairs along with new tires and fuel.

After the pits I started to turn some good laps and it was lonely for a bit, but then the leaders started pitting and I was in the middle of a few front runners when they exited. I *tried* to keep up, but they were just too fast for me to keep up, and I didn't want to ruin their battles. Then towards the end, I saw I was lapping quite faster than @Magic43. With 3 laps to go I finally caught sight of him, two laps left I was getting closer. Both of us were making little mistakes here and there on the final lap. In the final corner I was able to get a good run at the same time Rolf got a little sideways, and ended up nipping him at the line.

It was fun, and I like the multi-class setup because even if you make a mistake here or there, there are more chances that you can be in the middle of the action instead of running alone.

P30thKq.jpg

It was fun till lasted.

First, thanks to @Matheus Machado for the month premium account. It was great to race again here. Too bad I was the only Oreca but still was fun to break record after record. Race was fun also, was able to fight with some DPs. I was passed by a DP on Canada corner and when trying the regain my place back, the DP slide in front of me. I lower the speed as I could but hit him damaging my front. I did not lost to much speed but the car was understeering a lot and started to loose ground. I was then hit by a car when entering the carousell and got stuck on the sand.

Good race and fun in general. Nice combination of cars and tracks. Was getting really bored with the same GT3 and track combos.

First off, apologies to @monsieurjackb for the bump. I wasn't expecting ya to be as slow as you were going into that corner :(.

Overall, for me, it wasn't that bad of a race. I still need to keep the car on track though. I went wide in T1 on the second lap, I am pretty sure it was because of bad air from the car in front... Ended up sliding across and hitting the wall pretty hard. It left me with some pretty bad understeer, and was costing me about 4s a lap. I didn't want to waste a pit for repairs, so I waited 8 or so laps to do repairs along with new tires and fuel.

After the pits I started to turn some good laps and it was lonely for a bit, but then the leaders started pitting and I was in the middle of a few front runners when they exited. I *tried* to keep up, but they were just too fast for me to keep up, and I didn't want to ruin their battles. Then towards the end, I saw I was lapping quite faster than @Magic43. With 3 laps to go I finally caught sight of him, two laps left I was getting closer. Both of us were making little mistakes here and there on the final lap. In the final corner I was able to get a good run at the same time Rolf got a little sideways, and ended up nipping him at the line.

It was fun, and I like the multi-class setup because even if you make a mistake here or there, there are more chances that you can be in the middle of the action instead of running alone.

P30thKq.jpg

Not a problem :) I thought you were going to dive down the inside because a few already had going into T3 so I was just waiting to turn in, that's why I was slow :roflmao:

P30thKq.jpg
Saw that in my mirror, wondered who won that battle til now :D Really close one

Not a problem :) I thought you were going to dive down the inside because a few already had going into T3 so I was just waiting to turn in, that's why I was slow :roflmao:

No problem either. I am still not confident enough to try and overtake on slow corners. I think I was far enough back that I decided to follow and go by at the next straight.

I still run into those situations where someone is faster than I am who is closing, and I really don't know what the safest thing to do.

No problem either. I am still not confident enough to try and overtake on slow corners. I think I was far enough back that I decided to follow and go by at the next straight.

I still run into those situations where someone is faster than I am who is closing, and I really don't know what the safest thing to do.
I think the "official advice" is to stick to your line and let the faster one decide when to overtake. But often that means loosing time for the faster one, I think. So I don´t know if you´re not bumped when you don´t go away immediately :rolleyes::D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back