Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, i have try this mod with MR.Pibbs 2013 mod and now i have all drivers wrong.... Why??? Can someone help me with this error? See the pics above

mod_snnumbers1.jpg

mod_snnumbers2.jpg

Looks like you haven't installed Mr. Pibb's mod correctly. Right off the bat it should be "Infiniti Red Bull Racing" if you have Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod installed properly. You still have "Red Bull Racing". Also, Michael Schumacher is still listed as a racer...that was changed with Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod as he no longer races. So something didn't get installed properly.

Correct order of installation:
1. Default F1 2012 files
2. Install Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod
3. Install True to Life AI mod (overwrite the database from Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod)

That should clear up any issues.

So do I have to change them again, according to Demy's mod or not?

p.s. Excuse me for making questions all the time....:)

Yes unfortunately, sorry for that. I use a gamepad so I can't use Demy's accelerated tyre wear lol

Again, the only things to change are the front/rear_tyre_wear values for each time in the "f1teams" table, and the wear_level values in the "track_tyre_wear_level" table. Check the "tyres" table too, I can't remember if Demy adjusted that or not.

I'll add scaled tyre wear to the list of additions for this mod in v1.4 ;)

These are the same between the two database.bin files....;)

False. Look at Demy's F1 2012 Realism Mod (not his 2013 version 0.5 mod)
Check in the database for 50% distance and you'll see the changes I'm talking about in the following tables when compared to my database:
f1teams
track_tyre_wear_level
tyres

Demy's 100% database made no changes to tyre wear because you don't need tyre scaling at 100% distance, but the 50% and 75% distance databases have changes.

• Deleted member 137812

I was referring to track_tyre_wear_level values, which, on career mode, are not changed.

Perhaps I am losing something regarding tyre wear on career mode?
Tyre scaling doesnt work on career. On all other things I agree with snthennumbers

Quick update:
Working on correcting an issue where the AI slows down too much at the apex of corners when blocking.

CTF files with corrected top speed and gearing values (BIG thanks to Johnny Dangerously for letting me use these and repost them in a future release), along with adjusted grip levels to give the car a more balanced feel, but maintain competitiveness are still a WIP. I need input on this!

Input I need for revised CTF files:
Have you (the player) found that you're too fast at a particular track despite having a "1" set for the that track's track_difficulty value in the database?
So far I've noticed the player is faster (seemingly for no reason) at the following tracks:
Hockenheim
Montreal
Abu Dhabi
Monaco
Monza

The way I've been testing this, is to qualify and race with the default setup given to you at the track, since this appears to be the setup the AI always uses.

Does anyone else experience being too fast at a particular track?
Input and feedback is greatly appreciated

Only the ones you have already mentioned. Hockenheim is the worst.

Same track as you !

Perfect guys, thank you!!
If you find any others PLEASE let me know as this is critical info for the CTF files. Frankly I've just been too busy with testing the AI components to go and race on every track and learn the proper lines, etc to be competitive.

I'll personally continue testing of course, but the more people we have racing on different tracks, the more we can hone this down to the tracks we know need attention.

Thank you in advance to anyone else who can give their thoughts on this issue, the more info the better!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%