Troubled

I've trawled through lots of thread on this forum thinking I'll get a better understanding of the different sims. Gauging opinion whether this or that is worth getting and to be honest, I'm not any further forward on what I want to play. Rfactor 2 I thought then you read some other posts and I think I'll try something else. I racing? by the time I'd read posts in there I'd changed my mind lol. I want to get into a game and concentrate on that to become better. I realise it's all personal opinion and what one person likes, another won't but there are that many and I can't afford to buy them all so what do I do??? I already have GSC 2012 which is good and F1 2012 but I'd like to try some others. Race 07 is that outdated and finished? Iracing apparently is very expensive? Rfactor 2 is hit and miss so where do I go from here?? A ramble on I know but you seem like a friendly bunch that can cope with ramblings lol.

Cheers

Jim

If you like older cars, you can't go wrong with GT Legends. Great cars, great racing events, still going strong.
If you like rallying, Richard Burns Rally.

Other than that, wait for Assetto Corsa I guess.

I've trawled through lots of thread on this forum thinking I'll get a better understanding of the different sims. Gauging opinion whether this or that is worth getting and to be honest, I'm not any further forward on what I want to play. Rfactor 2 I thought then you read some other posts and I think I'll try something else. I racing? by the time I'd read posts in there I'd changed my mind lol. I want to get into a game and concentrate on that to become better. I realise it's all personal opinion and what one person likes, another won't but there are that many and I can't afford to buy them all so what do I do??? I already have GSC 2012 which is good and F1 2012 but I'd like to try some others. Race 07 is that outdated and finished? Iracing apparently is very expensive? Rfactor 2 is hit and miss so where do I go from here?? A ramble on I know but you seem like a friendly bunch that can cope with ramblings lol.

Cheers

Jim
Jim, if you don't mind Steam then Race 07 and it's add ons are without a doubt a great bang for your bucks, And that's not counting the mods. Okay the graphics aren't as up to date but the variety and the fun are timeless.

Jim, an important information to decide which one is do you race your SIM offline or do you want to race online against other players?
That said, difficult to go wrong with Race07/GTR Evolution.

Race 07 is most definitely fantastic value for money and certainly is not finished. Have a look at the race 07 club events, always a good turn out. Come on....you know you want to....oh go on..... ;)

People just post here what they like and not what you will like ... i think you can try the demos in all sims so try them and see what you like ... for me right now is iRacing, netKar Pro, and Euro Truck Simulator 2 ... in the past i enjoyed a lot LFS, RBR, and Race 07... everything else for me doesnt work

I will try some demo's and see how I get on.

While I spent many happy hours racing the AI in the GTL demo waiting for the full version to appear, the demo does use starforce and so can't be run on non-XP systems and doesn't react well to some AV programs even on XP.

If you do like old cars then take a chance on buying the full version of GTL on Steam - its very cheap.

well I tried the Race 07 demo but couldn't get my new thrustmaster to work properly with it. I quite like the Rfactor 2 demo so that is a possibility. Played on game stock car and I don't seem to quite get into that although I'm sure it's a good game but just doesn't quite suit. Do Iracing have a demo? but it's an expensive game apparently so that may be a factor not to get it. Don't know anything about netkar pro but saw it for £4.99 in game the other day. I have windows 8 so not sure if some of the older stuff will run properly.

Do Iracing have a demo? but it's an expensive game apparently so that may be a factor not to get it. Don't know anything about netkar pro but saw it for £4.99 in game the other day. I have windows 8 so not sure if some of the older stuff will run properly.

iRacing doesnt have a demo but ATM i think you can get a 3 months license for 12 dollars (9 euros) ... if you can spend 9 euros you should try it ;) (not sure if its running on win 8 but you can look for it)

You can try nKP demo before you buy it to check if it runs in your windows 8 system

well I tried the Race 07 demo but couldn't get my new thrustmaster to work properly with it. I quite like the Rfactor 2 demo so that is a possibility. Played on game stock car and I don't seem to quite get into that although I'm sure it's a good game but just doesn't quite suit. Do Iracing have a demo? but it's an expensive game apparently so that may be a factor not to get it. Don't know anything about netkar pro but saw it for £4.99 in game the other day. I have windows 8 so not sure if some of the older stuff will run properly.
I have Windows 8 and haven't had any problems with any of the above.

iRacing doesnt have a demo but ATM i think you can get a 3 months license for 12 dollars (9 euros) ... if you can spend 9 euros you should try it ;) (not sure if its running on win 8 but you can look for it)
I would agree. If you're looking to really focus on improving your driving, then just getting the 3-month iRacing deal and sticking with the base content is a solid option. You'll find lots of incredibly fast drivers to gauge your progression against, as well as races with drivers of your own caliber.

And if you really don't like it, you're only out $12. Just don't buy any content unless you're convinced you like it.

I've invested in Rfactor 2 today, just the one year package. Got my ts500, wheelstand pro and thr8 shifter and I'm ready to go!!! which one is the gas lololol. I also purchased the 3 month Iracing one as well but just don't seem to be able to get into it as much as rf2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back