Cars Trouble getting collider working properly on scaled model

I'm trying to make myself a big M8 mod based on the URD M8 GTE,but currently I'm running into quite a few issues.
I've successfully managed to upscale the LOD and collider.fbx files in blender;
1642540001632.png

These are the export settings I used for both the LODs and the collider.
1642540101474.png

the upscaled LODs worked perfectly fine,but I couldn't get the collider working properly ingame no matter what.

First I tried to export the upscaled collider.fbx as kn5 in ksEditor,but it gave me this error and didn't output anything.
1642539658480.png

So I assigned a "null.dds" texture to this "brake_disk" material and managed to successfully output the kn5.

1642539789122.png

However when I tried to view the new collider in CM showroom the size doesn't seem to change at all.
1642539923107.png
I've also tried putting the original collider.fbx into 3dsimed3,directly upscaling it and exporting as kn5 again,but the size of the collider doesn't change at all.
1642539294329.png

I'm out of ideas at this point. What am I doing wrong here and how should I solve this issue?

Last edited:
Colliders don't use the object transformation matrix at all, it directly reads the vertex coordinates and uses those. So you just have to scale the mesh itself.

Colliders don't use the object transformation matrix at all, it directly reads the vertex coordinates and uses those. So you just have to scale the mesh itself.
Could you go a bit further in detail as to how to do this? I don't have any experience with modeling or anything at all,so I don't really know what to do in blender to scale the mesh itself. Tried searching online but didn't get what I was looking for.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%