Tripple Screens > One TV. Am I weird?

Alex Ball

Web Nerd
Hey guys,

I just reverted my rig from 3x 23" monitors to 1x 42" TV. I think I am alone in saying that I actually find it just as immersive and 'good'?

The monitor is so big that it's 80% as wide as the tripple screens, but with the extra size overall everything feels a more realistic size - braking markers, dashboads, other cars all feel huge and scary to be near.. it's fun. Also, getting way more FPS is nice!

I think perhaps 3x 32" screens would be about perfect but they're out of budget at the moment.

Anyone else done the backwards switch, or is it just me?

Alex I use 3 55" Sony Bravia's, now that's immersive.

rig.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bezels are always a concern when triple screens are considered, even for me at the time of deciding, but once you have the three and focus on your game play they don't even exist. Not once since the day I built the sim did the issue of bezels come up. I have a friend, an extreme critic of everything, laughed when he saw the bezels, gave him a play for an hour or so, he did not stop talking about the fun and sweat he experienced and not one mention of the bezels. Here is a video of just a fun play when a mate came over, I was just experimenting where to position the camera, gives a good view.

Upvote 0
I'm seriously considering downsizing from triple back to a single monitor. I've been on triple for 3 months ish and to be honest, I just haven't got it if you know what I mean. I only have a mid range card which is brilliant for 1920 x 1080 but I've done that much messing about with different settings, I spend more time setting than I do racing!! I'm just playing with one monitor now so may end up selling the other two.

Upvote 0
I'm seriously considering downsizing from triple back to a single monitor. I've been on triple for 3 months ish and to be honest, I just haven't got it if you know what I mean. I only have a mid range card which is brilliant for 1920 x 1080 but I've done that much messing about with different settings, I spend more time setting than I do racing!! I'm just playing with one monitor now so may end up selling the other two.

Ignore me, I'm talking ****

Upvote 0
Hi guys, can you tell me what is the ideal Triple-screen size to have the impression of driving a "real car" having the dash/car at the 1:1 scale (or close to it)...
Also I would like to know what is the best angle to have the "real impression" to see through the side window when a car is passing on either side...?
Somes people are saying it is 40" others 55".... what is the correct info...?
Would appreciate a link to a video showing that perticular set up....
Any suggestions will be very welcome....

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back