Triple 27 or 32 1440 Monitors

I currently run 3 x 27" 1080 IPS monitors and fancy an upgrade.

I would like to go 1440p for more details although I relise I may have to turn down some of the eye candy, which I tend to do anyway

At my price range I am looking at Viewsonic Monitors, the 27 and 32 1440p are about the ame price.

I run a Fantaec CWS 2.5 wheel base and the monitor currently sits behind the base which I where I would like to keep it. My eyes are about 72cm from the ctr screen.

So can someone advise which to go for and why between the 32 and 27

Thanks

Edited to correct typos and add links

Last edited:
I’ve gathered that deciding between 27” and 32” for triples is purely a personal preference. Some will argue because 27” are closer to your eyes, it allows for more immersion and you can see more detail. Others say that’s rubbish and feel they get all those things with the 32” and.. well bigger is better. My understanding is GPU requirements don’t change based on size of monitor, but triple 1440ps will require 2080 super or 2080ti to get the most out of them.

I’m in same boat trying to make this choice.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
27" compared to 32" at 72cm

1590511176753.png

Upvote 0
I have triple Viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD with a 2080S and in AC at least I have no issues getting 100+fps with mainly everything on maximum. I note the screens you have picked are only 60hz, I went from a single 27" 1080p 60hz screen, to single 27" 1080p 144hz screen and the difference was amazing. Going to triple 1440p 144hz I must admit I can't really tell any difference in picture quality between 1080 and 1440 when mounted on my rig.

So, as you seem happy sticking with 60hz screens I'd be tempted to go 32" as you'll probably notice the better quality with the screens that close

Upvote 0
Out of interest, where should my eyeline be as I am concerned it may not be ctr of the screen (Vertically) as the bottom of the 32 will not be able to go any lower than the current 27?

Upvote 0
Out of interest, where should my eyeline be as I am concerned it may not be ctr of the screen (Vertically) as the bottom of the 32 will not be able to go any lower than the current 27?
Not sure about anyone else,
Personally I find it most comfortable with my triple 32 with my eyeline exactly centre of the screens makes it much easier,

I was seated slightly lower and looking at say top of the screens at google tabs and my 3D work UI was a nightmare
Way more efficient been dead centre no hassle at all,

but like I say maybe it’s just me idk interesting question I hope more can confirm, clarify.

Upvote 0

Eyeline is always center of screen. I believe iRacing and Raceroom allow a vertical offset, but the other sims do not.

Upvote 0
I tested both 3 x 27" 1080p 144hz monitors and 32" 1440p 144Hz and went with 27" 1080p 144..

Mostly because I was able to get an IPS panel in the 27" size from Acer while all the 32" monitors in my budget were VA ... IPS was immensely better when compared to the washed out VA that it negated the slight sharpness gain with the higher resolution.

Also not to mention the loss in FPS (around 1/3) going from 3x1080 to 3x1440...

After I got the monitors I built a new PC with a 9900k and 2080ti and that gave me the right amount of FPS vs eye candy that I wanted...

However there is still a wide variety of performance utilization among the different sims I noticed, in 'older' engines such as iRacing and Assetto Corsa 2014+ it was easier to get higher frame rates, but in more intensive or newer stuff like ACC and rFactor 2.. thats another story.

Bottom line to give you scale I'm still not hitting more than 120 FPS avg on ACC with 'medium' settings on this computer, I think to myself what a pain 3x1440p would have been.

To me 3x 1080p 144hz is the sweet spot at this point , until panel prices drop and the 3000 series/RDNA2 is in full circulation even then expect that cost of entry only to go up not down.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea