Display compare tool w/ FoV calcs

Great tool,

Confirms my real life observations.

Sorry if it's not :D

Is it a offset to compare if you move a display closer or further away then the one you are comparing it with?

The displays are at 0 distance.

View setting distance is distance away from that baseline. As in - your eyes distance away from the displays.

Each displays distance is distance from the baseline.

I probably need to have a rethink in to the names of those controls.

I think maybe offset is a better name again.

Upvote 0
It's not the with that matters but the distance to the edge of the curved screen.

At the edges the screen is approximately 10cm closer to the driver than in the middle

Upvote 0
Add a couple of new features whilst also cleaning up the UI.

• Added a 320mm steering wheel in about the right place where it should be based on my own rig. This is locked to the view distance.
  • Added pixel density calculation so you can get an idea of how much you can see the pixels. Anything over 35 PPD is pretty much "retina"

Upvote 0
  • Added a 320mm steering wheel in about the right place where it should be based on my own rig. This is locked to the view distance.

Nice feature, but it looks way too large to me, which means our wheel distances are not similar.

• Added pixel density calculation so you can get an idea of how much you can see the pixels. Anything over 35 PPD is pretty much "retina"

Nice! I might disagree with 35 PPD being the threshold for "retina" (more like 50 PPD to avoid screen door effect for myself), but that doesn't negate the usefulness of this calculation.

Upvote 0
@Emery — I made the wheel 320mm dia and 40mm thick. It's offset around 460mm vertically and 240mm away from the viewport (eyes).

Yeah - you're probably about right — I think 35 or more means the pixels aren't too noticeable — 50 is getting closer to where you don't need any kind of antialiasing.

Upvote 0
I don't get anything on screen. I get the following error in console repeated many, many times:

JavaScript:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')
    at animate ((index):203)

Did you forget to rename the variable? :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 52 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 58.7%