Resource icon

Misc Transparent Mini preview CM preset 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please Stop This submitted a new resource:

Transparent Mini preview CM preset - generate additional mini preview pics to use in apps and such

This is a ContentManager preset to generate small, transparent car "preview_mini.png" from the side, in every skins folder, like this:

View attachment 397399
Goal is to have something like this, I already put (pirated) it in this app: SubStanding -link to thread-
View attachment 397401

Culprit
----------
Nothing is automatic, you have to both 1.) use this "cmpreset" and 2.) also...

Read more about this resource...

@Esotic this is what it would look like in BCast, also using changing avatar here:
1597195335644.png

1597195271968.png

Attachments

• 1597195257576.png
    1597195257576.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 70
What is the secret sauce getting a transparent background... Tried to copy the colours from this preset to another, but can't figure out why it doesn't make the BG transparent...

Or I could just make the cars face the other direction on this one, maybe easier :)

What is the secret sauce getting a transparent background... Tried to copy the colours from this preset to another, but can't figure out why it doesn't make the BG transparent...

Or I could just make the cars face the other direction on this one, maybe easier :)
Put in png here, but ...
1665725834604.png

...thats not working for the preview window, with the "eye" button
it will only generate a none-transparent jpg here

you have to run it as a saved preset to actually generate it
1665726072821.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm able to generate the mini preview with transparent BG, just that I would like to change it slightly (i.e., make the car face the other way and change the size slightly)

I have a another preview that is how I need it, but I can't make the BG transparent on that one. I've tried to modify the preset file directly (copying different color values in it) , but the bg stays opaque :-|
Or maybe I have tried to change the preset in the wrong place... hmm.

But anyway, also thanks for all of your "enhanced" mods, really polished the originals that were already essential.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm able to generate the mini preview with transparent BG, just that I would like to change it slightly (i.e., make the car face the other way and change the size slightly)

I have a another preview that is how I need it, but I can't make the BG transparent on that one. I've tried to modify the preset file directly (copying different color values in it) , but the bg stays opaque :-|
Or maybe I have tried to change the preset in the wrong place... hmm.

But anyway, also thanks for all of your "enhanced" mods, really polished the originals that were already essential.
yes sure, i mean you have to save a new preset and use that, it just wont work in the preview/options thing, key is the png extension in "filename"

Last edited:
Just a heads up for someone who is hitting their heads to the wall.

CSP patreon preview version 0.1.80 - 346 breaks the transparency. It just makes an opaque white background whatever settings.

Roll back to 0.1.79 and it works like a charm again.

Yes it could, and most likely it's the setting that has changed between CSP versions. Good catch!
But anyway it would be nice that CSP when used would give same results between version if there wasn't a bug in it.
It’s disabled by default, so nothing should have changed, so I guess it might not be it? But if it’s not it, CM previews shouldn’t be affected by the installed CSP version at all. Maybe it was clicked accidentally…

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.