TrackHat - Headtracking - Modified PS3 Eye

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Mr Latte, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +476
    See Here
    Curious if anyone has tried this, especially those with 32:9 monitor or triples.
    Is it better than Track IR?

Seems to be similar to what this guy was working on but developed further.

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +871
    I had the TrackHat base ball cap for a while, sent it back didn't really work for me. But I was only using it on a single screen, I think TrackIR have a better setup.

3. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    I used it with a triple monitor setup (1920|2560|1920) and I really liked it. I found the tracking to be very subtle, and immersive - especially when I was looking for the apex of a corner...

On the negative side, the cable snags easily & when I tried to run it with my rift installed my PC would blue screen.

I don't know if my Trackhat unit still works, but if you live in the UK you're welcome to it.

4. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +476
    Thanks for the info, I would be interested to give this a go but not in a rush,
    I live in UK just over the water in Brexitville (Northern Ireland) :)

Contact me via PM but feel I would need to give or do something regards your kind gesture.

5. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    I'm not entirely sure how to PM! Unless you mean Theresa May, but I'm not entirely sure she will be able to deliver it :)

I don't want anything for the Trackhat tracker/camera. It doesn't have much resale value. If you PM me your address I'll send it on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.