Track Racer problems

So I ordered an extra part for my Trak Racer cockpit on the 4th of march it was shipped on the 6th of march and I got a tracking number from DPD UK for Monday the 9th.
Monday came and went checked the tracking and it said DPD has not received the parcel and it stayed that way for the rest of the week.
I emailed Trak Racer UK got no reply, I do a PayPal dispute, still not reply. Then finally yesterday I get an email from the European Trak Racer store saying it's shipped with Dutch post and they put a tracking number on PayPal which turned out to be there own phone number and where lying about it being shipped!!

I'm now **** off and I don't want the item, I want a simple refund. They said they can send it from the Netherlands, but I told them I don't want it.

I then get accused of getting the parcel and I'm trying on!! Now I'm a little mad. So I sent a reply email asking for a the refund for the 10th time of asking and finally I get told I can have one but the boss from the Australian store has to refund it, I'm like what the hell is going on here.

So I wait, and last night the boss dog from Australia says he can't refund me as it's a PayPal dispute, but he will refund me when the dispute ends and send me the part anyway for free.

I'm like am I living in the twilight zone here, told them if they refund me they end the dispute, he says he can't. I'm like this is rubbish, he is sending the part for free(which I have not excepted) and buy not ending the dispute they will then tell PayPal they have sent it and win the dispute.

Are Trak Racer that desperate for sales, I won't be buying another thing from them ever again.

What do I do?

I ordered a mouse tray for my rig and it was shipped from the Netherlands. Other than the delays - I think TR struggle to get stock to Europe - it seems to arrive irregularly from overseas.

You raised the paypal dispute - so only you can mark it as resolved.

If it’s Matt you’re dealing with, he’s a good guy.

What else do you want to do? Close the dispute, get the refund and get the part for free - surely that’s a more than fair resolution ?

Upvote 0
Also a paypal dispute isn’t won - it’s classed as resolved - they check with both parties and the case is closed to everyone’s satisfaction.

Get that underway then wait for your free part, and get your refund.

I appreciate it’s perhaps not to your satisfaction but Sim Racing is a fairly niche industry with a lot of small players - most companies have long shipping dates, SimLab etc, so TR are not alone here. It’s hardly next day delivery - I waited for 3 months for a set of pedals. I think you need to accept that going into the buying process.

Upvote 0
Ok well I ordered from a English website stating that there was stock and it was in stock in London. I had a tracking number and wasn't expecting next day, but all in all some communication would of been great. A simple it going to be a bit longer or it'll be a week. I surprised some of the sim racing companies are still going as there customer service is well ****.

Personally if I ran a company and someone ordered something that I had in stock I'll ship it as fast as possible.

If I don't have stock or can't keep up with demand I'll need to re-think my business.

Upvote 0
To be fair the same happened with my part from TR UK. Agreed your shipping info should have been more straight but my part came after I think 4 days.

I guess its fair to be ticked. You can easily find Matt on the TrakRacer owners group on Facebook tho - he's always happy to chat or PM. Its his company I think and he is present. You may have done this already tho.

Upvote 0
Hi James,
This is Johan Akkerman and iam managing Trakracer EU and UK now.
Ive just looked in your order and i can see it is refunded on 22th of march.

Sorry that this took so long we suffered from a covid 19 outbreak in our NL warehouse which caused a huge delay in shipping towards customers.
That problem is taken care of now, and we deliver our EU customers stock within 1 week and customers in UK within 3 days.

Im not sure why u had to wait long on a reply because i can promise that i will reply within 12 hours on MO/FRI.
Did u email towards com.au by any chance? anyway if there is anything u guys in here need resolved or havent had a reply on by the former manager email me directly on: johan@trakracer.eu or sales@trakracer.eu or support@trakracer.eu or all of them i dont mind.

What i do care about is that every single customer that orders from us will have a clear overview before ordering and after ordering.
Also when there is a damaged parcel i promise we will send replacement within 2 days.

And last but not least. I hope u all in here enjoy trakracer products just as much as i do. if not: johan@trakracer.eu and i will change that for u.

Cya guys on the virtual track!

Upvote 0
Welcome. Great to have you here and a very useful avenue to contact if there are problems. Glad things are settling down. Trakracer kit is pretty good - I've had three rigs so it will be useful to have direct contact especially on here - last thing TR need is a ropey reputation in the sim community.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Hi James,
This is Johan Akkerman and iam managing Trakracer EU and UK now.
Ive just looked in your order and i can see it is refunded on 22th of march.

Sorry that this took so long we suffered from a covid 19 outbreak in our NL warehouse which caused a huge delay in shipping towards customers.
That problem is taken care of now, and we deliver our EU customers stock within 1 week and customers in UK within 3 days.

Im not sure why u had to wait long on a reply because i can promise that i will reply within 12 hours on MO/FRI.
Did u email towards com.au by any chance? anyway if there is anything u guys in here need resolved or havent had a reply on by the former manager email me directly on: johan@trakracer.eu or sales@trakracer.eu or support@trakracer.eu or all of them i dont mind.

What i do care about is that every single customer that orders from us will have a clear overview before ordering and after ordering.
Also when there is a damaged parcel i promise we will send replacement within 2 days.

And last but not least. I hope u all in here enjoy trakracer products just as much as i do. if not: johan@trakracer.eu and i will change that for u.

Cya guys on the virtual track!

I emailed you on several occasions! You never once mentioned covid 19 and in all of you reply emails I was fobbed of at every turn, you even told me I can't deal with this, contact Matt in Australia.

support@trakracer.eu
johan@trakracer.eu
matt@trakracer.com.au
These are the emails I've used.

I was told I was refunded and the part was sent out for free(something I didn't ask for) that was never delivered.

I hope your not using the covid 19 out break to cover yourself for just generally being a bit ****. I have all the emails you sent me if you wish me to post them on here?

Anyway I have my refund and won't be buying from you again! If I buy something form a .co.uk website that says stock in London and is in stock I don't expect it to come form the neatherlands.

Upvote 0
Metla. I've had three TR rigs. All of them at the time were superb. Matt (company owner) contacted me several times about improvements and TR in general.

I'd say this. Don't buy unless you can perhaps wait a few weeks. Although you'll not get any rig in a day or two, currently, from any manufacturer. They're all running at max shipping speeds.

Other than that - there's nothing wrong with the company. I can't even be suprised, unlike some people, that TR don't keep sufficient stock in every country for next day delivery. From a commercial perspective, it'd be madness. Having a stock base makes sense.

My TR components only took 2 days from the Netherlands, but I know they are waiting on containers, so check with them first. I got a mouse tray for my 80/20 in 2 days. Not bad by any standards.

There are always problems - and in the days of Covid - even the shipping systems can be delayed.

James here is annoyed, for sure. If you go in with eyes open, you'll be fine.

I'd say if you have a rig already, don't sell till the new one is here.

Upvote 0
No rush at all to be honest, I wasn't going to upgrade my current setup until VR matured, That hasn't eventuated so I'm looking around.

Doesn't look to be many brands importing into Aus, of what I have seen the Trak Racer TR8 is a stunning bit of kit, But I'll wait until they are holding stock. If that doesn't happen then I'll look at alternatives.

For some reason the people upstairs deleted my thread asking what brand cockpits where available in Aussie.....

Upvote 0
They're an Australian brand. I think a good range of kit, I'd suggest their 80/20 range (less pretty, but massively more functional and expandable) although it's massively in demand. Their stock operation in Australia will be far different to Europe, I'd suggest - get in touch with them directly.

Upvote 0
Ok I'll bite yeah suppose I'm a little disappointed, I'm calm now so yeah. I'm happy to buy Trak Racer products if they can just have better contact and better shipping tracking. If the shipping says it'll be a couple of weeks great. If I contact them I'd like a response in at least 3 days even better. So I've had my happy pills and all is good lol.

Upvote 0
i respond within 12 hours james, Ton the guy i took over from yea that guy forgot **** and stops proccesing emails after a 8 hour work day.
Im not that guy! Now im running europe/uk and i can guarantee u i will reply on every single one of u.

Yesterday i had a 14 hour working day just to process al the orders and reply to everyone within a reasonable timeframe.
U telling me people on racedepartment i fobbed u is a kick right in the nuts mate.
Ive seen Matt promising u the mount. if u havent received it yet maby its an idea to send me an email or call me?
instead of complaining in here!

I only see this because a customer emailed me who purchased a product and now noticed a couple days later this 5% coupon code on RD.

Every other single company would say p*ss off but no not me, Im putting in effort to go back into his order and refund him 5% of a coupon he didnt use and have another shitload of time spend to get this into the books right without zero profit.

Please take another one of your happy pills and email me or call me with your last ordernumber and ill check where your free parcel is floating arround. (within 12 hours)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea