Track Designing Competition

We thought Hanoi was bad, but Miami seems worse. I have no idea where F1 thinks it can fit a pitlane anywhere in the city without tearing up a Golf Course or a park. Formula E got away with a tiny pitlane because it's supposed to.
Add to that the fact that it's just another American city with a grid pattern that works for everyday life, but not for race tracks, and I can see that a pathetic excuse of a track like Phoenix is about the only possibility.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7211216

I have no idea where F1 thinks it can fit a pitlane anywhere in the city without tearing up a Golf Course or a park.
You don't think Biscayne Blvd south of the arena is wide enough for a pit lane? Three lanes each direction separated by a car park. It wouldn't be worse than what Monaco does.

You don't think Biscayne Blvd south of the arena is wide enough for a pit lane? Three lanes each direction separated by a car park. It wouldn't be worse than what Monaco does.
Yeah, but unlike Monaco, I don't think the Miami locals would like an F1 pitlane in the middle of the Boulevard for the rest of the year.

TBH, Liberty just need to convince Long Beach that F1 would be good back there and use the current Indycar circuit. Now THAT would be a good US street circuit Grand Prix!

Yeah, but unlike Monaco, I don't think the Miami locals would like an F1 pitlane in the middle of the Boulevard for the rest of the year.

TBH, Liberty just need to convince Long Beach that F1 would be good back there and use the current Indycar circuit. Now THAT would be a good US street circuit Grand Prix!
There are no rumours of where the circuit is meant to be located in Miami or the layout other than that it is rumoured to be 5km in length. I agree there are so many better places for street circuits, it is just the location of Miami itself that has appealed to them. I hope that despite the horrible location interesting circuit layout wise that the circuit focuses on providing overtaking oppertunities

Last edited:
There are no rumours of where the circuit is meant to be located in Miami or the layout other than that it is rumoured to be 5km in length. I agree there are so many better places for street circuits, it is just the location of Miami itself that has appealed to them
I'm not questioning your choice of challenge at all. I'm questioning why F1 thinks they can get a good track out of the city. Formula E tried, and got 8 90 degree corners that were all terrible. I can't see an F1 race succeeding here with a good layout.
If you hadn't stated street circuit, this is what my entry would have been.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7211264

I'm not questioning your choice of challenge at all. I'm questioning why F1 thinks they can get a good track out of the city. Formula E tried, and got 8 90 degree corners that were all terrible. I can't see an F1 race succeeding here with a good layout.
If you hadn't stated street circuit, this is what my entry would have been.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7211264
I fully admit it was a hard challenge, didn’t realise how much of a 90degree hell Miami is. I just thought of it in spite of the on the fact that recently there has been talk of a circuit there ( as well as in Hanoi) and I wanted to see if there is any chance of making a decent track in Miami. Also when u said about a circuit with good overtaking potentional, I meant like the circuit they use in real life.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.