rF2 Touring Masters @ Vitus Parc - Wednesday December 1st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good Race all in all for me. After a poor qual session could only manage 18th on the grid but managed to stay out of trouble in the first few laps which I gained a few places from. This left me behind Adam in another RS500 which he seemed to be struggling with so applied a little pressure hoping to force him into a mistake. The plan worked and was able to pass him a short time later. Was trying to chase down Paul and Amir ahead but couldnt quite get enough pace to catch them.

Went with the medium compound which was fine for the first 8-10 laps then they just fell off the edge of a cliff and it became very "interesting" to get the car round the track. Considered pitting for a set of softs but figured it wasnt worth the places I would loose for how long was left. Decided to struggle on but had to let a couple of places go in the dying laps to drivers who made a better tyre choice. Live and learn from it for the next one.

Gratz to Greg for the win and thx to all who joined and Adam for organising it. :drink:
Looking forward to next week.

Great race all.
Q 3 with the Alfa and finish in 3rd aswell..there was just no way to keep up with the Volvo of Greg and 635 of Ben.
Medium in front and hard on the rear was great,

for 8 laps or so then absolutly no grip in front anymore.

Had a great "slingshot start" and went from 3rd to 1st before T1 but no way to keep the faster cars behind.

Good old WTM scrap. :)

Q: 4th. Was oke only got 2 hotlaps in.

Race: start was oke. Chris was fast off the line. And he got me in T2. Took it easy in the first laps to get heat in the tyres.
Little batttle with Gary after some laps, until he dived in T1. After that i just followed him with a 1.5 sec gap. Got Chris after he spun. Followed Gary even more and we closed the gap to Mikael. But we ran out of laps.
Good that i had a full race battle with Gary. So got some good info about the tyres and the car after a race of pushing. Could keep a constant pace of 2:40 even at the end.

Thanks Adam :)

I could be homing in on the Rover as top choice,5th qualify then a pig start putting me in some busy ground for the opening lap or 2 but calmed down a bit and i broke away with Ole following really well in the M3,got on the case of chasing Ivo which made for some laps of good hard race action finally resulting in getting a run down the straight and a nice dive to claim the T1 apex for the pass to reclaim my starting place...so much time and effort!!,both chasing Chris until he spun it putting us 4th and 5th,the initial gap to Mik in Alfa-Cabs was about 10secs. so i never really had any hopes of catching him,keeping Ivo behind was what i had to work hard at,but suddenly the gap to Mik really started to take a dive near the end,halfway through the final lap i got very close,but ofcourse not close enough,should have made a decent start i suppose.... :).
Grats Greg-Ben-Mik and all finishers.
I dont have any HUD data for feedback,but for me the same as last time in the Rover with hard tyres all round,they behaved as i reckon they should do through to the end of 45mins.

Thanks Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

Oh well, a pretty poor race really. Got a PB with 4 sec in qual (with race fuel) and things seemed fine. But soft tyres didn't last long enough here, and the long pitlane, with speed limiter very early, meant that a 2-stop race was a bad choice. Oh well, better luck next time I hope.

This left me behind Adam in another RS500 which he seemed to be struggling with so applied a little pressure hoping to force him into a mistake.

To be honest mate, I was going to crash it on my own anyway. :tongue: I was having a terrible time with the car all night. I don't know whether it was the updated Sierra, the new tyres, or me but I just couldn't drive it like I could on v2.3. I used all the setups I had from 2.3 on Medium fronts/soft rears and the front just wouldn't turn in and the rear had a mind of its own, trying to go in a different direction to the rest of the car. Made a few adjustments which got the front turning in better on entry but still had understeer mid corner. By now it was time to race. Stuck Hards all round but it was still really hard to drive. Going to need to do some serious practice in the next few days to solve the issue.

As for Quali well I managed a 2:42.9 which at the time was a PB but 20th on the grid.

The race started well, managed to pick up a few places due to incidents and found myself in 13th. Managed to set a PB on lap 2 which I never beat again but I was at least having a good battle with the guys around me (Sorry can't remember everyones names). Then I spun on my own. Recovered, had a nice little battle with Harald until I spun again. Had a few more battles and spins and somehow winded up 15th.

Thanks guys :)

That was some pretty ruff driving at the start there but made it past the mess. Surprised my self running mid-pack at this beast of a track. I foolishly chose soft tires for the race and used them up but fast! Big crash put me at the back but that was fun learning the Supras ways. Good runnin' with a few of ya's. Still have to learn how to be much faster though.

Thanks RD crew, was a good time.

Sorry that I missed the event, was really looking forward to it :/. I got tired and lied down "to stretch the joints for a sec and hop behind the wheel". Woke up 1.5h after the event started. My biological clock is still way off, I get up way too early after being up through the nights last weekend. Working heavily on setting it straight.

Spontaneously, I stepped in in the middle of the practice as reserve driver. I did some laps before, but not more than about 10. I decided to take the M3 after a first attempt with the Mustang, as I had not the time to practice enough getting the Mustang stable on a track I never drove before. P16 on the grid was a result of that. After a ruff start with many contacts from others, I was down somewhere in 20+x, but with a good tire choice and constant driving I could climb to 11th and finished as best M3. Not bad for not knowing the track, I think. :)

For me It was evening to forget. Ihadn't enough time to practice, so i was quite slow. In Practice i did my PB with very low 2:44-so I'm in 106%:wink:. I was excepting good race cause in Qualy i did a bit worse 2:44:8..., but there were 4 M3's in 0,2 sec. I did, as always bad start. On the first lap went 3 times on the grass, once with a bit of help from Lee-Ididn't see You, so I closed the vdoor too rapidly....(virtual mirrors doesn't work on cokpit camera in my rf). thx for waiting:). after that i spun just in front of Lee's hood-sorry for that. I choose hard tires and was dissapointed cause on this tires I hit only 2:47....very slow. rwest of the race spent alone realy boring, and Ihad problems with concetration, so 3 another spins during the race....See You next time guys.

For me It was evening to forget. Ihadn't enough time to practice, so i was quite slow. In Practice i did my PB with very low 2:44-so I'm in 106%:wink:. I was excepting good race cause in Qualy i did a bit worse 2:44:8..., but there were 4 M3's in 0,2 sec. I did, as always bad start. On the first lap went 3 times on the grass, once with a bit of help from Lee-Ididn't see You, so I closed the vdoor too rapidly....(virtual mirrors doesn't work on cokpit camera in my rf). thx for waiting:). after that i spun just in front of Lee's hood-sorry for that. I choose hard tires and was dissapointed cause on this tires I hit only 2:47....very slow. rwest of the race spent alone realy boring, and Ihad problems with concetration, so 3 another spins during the race....See You next time guys.

Was my fault Tomasz, Meant to apologise in server but forgot.

In short. I started raced, got hit from behind. Strugled to make way back up, made few mistakes, finnished.

Thanks Adam, and to a certain Mr Callan for this epic Mod and car suggestion :p.

Here is my selected moments of the race. I am no good at qualifying, so started as 21st out of 27, but up to 15th after T1 thanks to a very good start. Started on softs, but as i span and did other stupid stuff they did wear out, and I changed to mediums at about lap 8. Did eventually climb back up to 16th at the finish, after beeing last halfway through L1.

Cool movie thanks Roy. :)
Great battle with the Bastos M3.

About the tyres. See alot of people are using Softs.
Softs are more the Qually tyres. They where only good for 2 or 3 laps really.
Meds are more the tyres for sprint event like we gonna have in the League. Like 2x25 min for example.
Hards or the tyres for longer race like over 30 min.

You can do Meds with a 1 stop. But you wont make up the time you lost with pitstop.
Races without pitstops you have constant battles without any break. That was the power of last season. Where nobody stopped so there where constant battles going on. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back