rF2 Touring Masters @ Silverstone 1991 - Wednesday April 27th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh My GOD!

Qualified 1st, and then a 45 minute battle with me and Toby, there was a position change nearly every lap. One of the best races I've ever had. I'll put a highlights vid of it up. Kept my nerve when lapping a backmarker, Me and Toby went either side of him through Bridge, he ran wide, securing the win for me!

Good racing guys, Thanks Adam for a perfect track for these cars :D

Really enjoyed the track, 6th place in my first race with RD and good standard all round :) those guys at the front are damn quick!
nice little battle mid race with Alex Barbolin :D ... Cheers guys.

Oh My GOD!

Qualified 1st, and then a 45 minute battle with me and Toby, there was a position change nearly every lap. One of the best races I've ever had. I'll put a highlights vid of it up. Kept my nerve when lapping a backmarker, Me and Toby went either side of him through Bridge, he ran wide, securing the win for me!

Good racing guys, Thanks Adam for a perfect track for these cars :D
37 times the lead changed.
That's... THIRTY SEVEN!!!

Or...

Thanks for providing such a good track Adam, and thanks Butchie for such a great dice :)

Good racing tonight. :)

Quali: Set a PB to take 8th.

Race: Made a good start and was up to 7th into turn 1, and 6th by turn 2. Ran wide later in the lap which allowed Matt back through so I was just staying behind the 4 guys in front for the next few laps. Andy and Matt collided going through Maggotts which allowed me to move up to 5th and then I caught up to Tom. Battled with him for a few laps but his Holden was too quick on the straights. With Andy on my tail, I couldn't put a foot wrong but Tom made a mistake at Maggotts and I slipped through. Spent several laps defending from Andy until I got a bit too much power out of stowe and half spun it. Recovered but Matt got through as well. The next lap I got Matt back down Hangar straight and held the position on the exit. The rest of the race was us two pulling away from those behind but being dropped by the guys ahead. I made a small tweak to the setup before the race which meant my fuel consumption was higher than in practice. So during this battle with Matt, I had to take time to conserve fuel. Luckily I made it to the line in 4th (after Toby avoided a sector split) with just 1l left in the tank.

Thanks guys for racing :)

Last minute decision to join, no previous experience of this car and no decent setup. Quick off the line and made a few places till I hit Norm and spun. Got going and was running about 6 seconds behind Norm but caught the replay of the half time fight in Madrid out of the corner of my eye and crashed. Decided to give up before I ruined someone's race. I will probably try this mod again but can't seem to get a drivable setup.

Pretty epic move there Chris ! Congratz Butchatcho ! Your winning move was very macho :D

Anyways ...
Qually : Blah. Nothing. Just my usual qualification "Blah". Ended up 13th or 14th, quite way off my PB. No one else to blame but me. Had poor preparation to be honest. Only drove the track today.

Race : I think I was asleep at the start. I was looking at the pits and saw 3 cars there and I was thinking "WTF are these guys doing there ?!". Then the car upfront started to move and I was like "Huh ?! What ?" and then got my blue Merc rolling. Sorry if I've caused any misfortnues behind me with that sleepyness.
Was trying to trail a Ford Mustang for awhile (?!), but then completely missed my braking point for T1 at lap 3 and spun off. No damage - just dropping 3 places. I managed to sneak one back almost immediately, but I had my work cut out. Kept my head thou and plowed on. Eventually caught up to the guys ahead and made some nice moves. There was a great battle with Barbolin for about 2-3 laps, but I think eventually his tires started to go off.
Was heading clean to grab the 6th position at the end, but that race timer got me again. I thought the race was over a lap short, so in T1, I pressed the ESC key, only to see "Back to monitor/Cancel" appear on my screen. I tried to ESC out of it, but it wasn't working. Had to get my hand off my wheel, grab my mouse and click on the "Cancel" ... And that spun me out in T1. Gave away the 6th position to D. Simmons and took some damage from the rail. The Merc was spotless before that incident.
Poor qually and poor finish for me, but overall - great fun and awesome racing ! :D
See y'all at Barthurst I guess :D
Oh - here's my highlights video :

Excellent race, really enjoyed it and I feel like I'm finally starting to get some consistancy from the Sierra now. Had a very good dice with Adam mid-way through which was great fun.

Well done to Chris, and to Toby as well as he was unlucky on the last lap as the video proved.

Must have just missed the sector split, irritatingly.

That video is epic though Chris, but really just a small fraction of the number of passes we both made on each other.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back