rF2 Touring Masters @ Phillip Island - Mon 29 March 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
trying to download the mod in time and when i have it i will join. Fighting to not be the last one on quali ;) never drove this track before. so now 20 mins before quali no idea where the hell iam going to. :)

That is a fun but tough mod, I love some of the car models, the Sierra and Rover bring back memories, I got off to a good start in both races and finished 16th I think in race 1 but race 2 was a bit of a disaster, I came in much to hot into about turn 4 and hit someone, sorry not sure who but I waited for everyone to go through, but in my haste to try and catch up the tail enders I had a couple of offs and wrecked my suspension.

Man that was fun!

Grabbed with what I can asfely say was a one-off superb lap in the Volvo. Just 0.07 covering top 3 :O. 5 different cars in top 7.

Race 1: Jumped the start by a tiny bit, of course then I instinctively braked and I lost even more time as well as the drive-through penalty. The noise as the field swamped me was incredible. Well down in 17th or something, fought my way back up to 7th, with some nice fights along the way, such as with Prib.

race 2: Started 3rd - got a decent start, still in 3rd, with Michael steaming ahead but overtaking an M3. Then in the second hairpin I tapped the inside of Michael as i tried to dive under on the xit and around she went. Down to 10th - that became 15/6th when I span at the Southern loop next lap, pushing too hard. Poor Erling had nowehere to go and t-boned me. Sorry Erling! From here, a nice battle through the next few laps, one notable battle with Rich T :). Then a lonely race in 9th, which became 7th when Matthias and Paulo tangled.

Great racing guys - an 8 way battle for the lead in race two nearly all race, incredible stuff! Rovers, Volvos, M3, 635s..... lovely to watch.

Next week the new Fuji :)

Had a fun nights racing tonight. Race 1 was a bit of a farce for me for sure. I made a nice start from 17th or so and found myself 9th very soon. I managed to hold off the crowd very nicely and was enjoying some close racing until I cocked up my braking and hit a wall hard enough to stop me turning right. I pitted for repairs and came out a few seconds in front of the lead group. I was fairly happy though that my pace was good enough to hold them off for a fair while almost having to pull over and stop to let them by.

I carried on my pace from race 1 into race 2 and from 18th managed again to get into the top 10 after some nice little incidents in front. I had several long and nice fights I know of with Ryan, which ended in tears when I tried a switcheroo on him and he gave me only enough room for the curbs to ruin my power out of the turn. I then had a nice fight with Erling which ended in me rear ending him. I proceeded slowly to give him the place back, and ran wide as I did so trying not to lose track position to the BMW behind him. I then rather cheekily took the place back in the very next corner. Sorry for that. I then had another nice fight with the fattest Supra I have ever seen. I made a made dive as he ran wide with 1 minute to go and came off worse losing places, but another incident in front managed to reclaim me 12th place.

In short. I had fun.

Brilliant races imo, race 1 was a poor start for me struggled in traffic lost my front diffuser and caused suspension damage so me car dragged to the right other than that was a good race. Race 2 had a better start made up a couple places, going into turn 4 I saw Martin coming through at speed managed to avoid him but was hit by someone else, before then getting overtaken by Ryan and (Valerino?) in a "Haikkonen - Schumacher" style :( lol nice move ;P. Had a good run up to around 12th before having a couple of off's having to avoid others and generally losing the groove resulting in a lowly finish :(. All in all brilliant fun, thanks guys for the racing and thanks for Ryan for organizing this :).

Nice race , in quali Im to slow of 2sec from my PB so started from the bottom along the race I met Erling and Nuno really great battle :thumbup:worth the ticket price.
2nd race no good many freeze and only 2 laps of battle and many difficult to " D-R-I-V-E " I wrote how I saw the track ahahahahah.
GREAT PODIUM & GREAT ALL

Next Time guys

PS sorry Nuno for little HITat 1st lap in turn4 Race 1 I let you resume your position:smile:

Both races incredbile stuff i thought,action all the way from the start,a little quiet spell in the middle of race one then a good chase on Jari near the end,but that old story of "too little too late" again.
Race 2 was another thriller with a real feisty fighting pack of cars all giving it some! :)),zero contact as well,final chase on the big bad JPS 635 was fun and nice to see brother Prib going very strong in the Volvo too,enjoyed holding my nerve to the end and thought the old Rover was a blast around one of the best tracks on earth.

Thank You Ryan & RD

Fun , fun , fun in a nice field with almost 20 drivers. Awesome! :biggrin:
First race was intense with several fights and enjoyable driving throughout the 20 minutes.
Second race was harder as I started at 2nd place, managed to get the lead for a couple of laps but then teammie Gary took it with a great manouver. :cool:
Tried to stay with Gary, but as I wasn't as fast as he I have done one slighty mistake and lost another place.
Left me fighting for the podium but I was hit hard and crashed into the first right hairpin. Lost several places but at the end managed to achieve (again)
the final 8th place. Again with nice and hard battles .

Congrats to both races podium guys and to all finishers.

Thank you Ryan and RD. :thumbup:

Cheers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%