rF2 Touring Masters @ Nurburgring 2009 - Wednesday 19th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmm, I ended the party a bit early, I know..

Race 1: Started on 13th after pb. Gets many possisions in the start. Because of smart driving lines and smart braking. Was behind 3 Sierras and Kjell in the rover. Was laying and fighting with one of the Sierra's. That I actually passed after the Schumacer S. Really nice racing dude, I love it when we can do overtakes like that. :) Raced a bit more, coming great out of the next corner. But on the right sweeper on the straight.. On the straight! :( Lost it, sliding into the barrier, destroying the whole car.. All yellow, nearly undriveable.. Engine problem, suspension damage.. And slides into the gravel with the chicane. Tries to acclerate early out of there but the car didn't seem to get any momentum.. And was driving 30th out of the gravel and into the pits.. And pit time: 90 sec... Yaaay! Clean 1st lap guys! :)

Its a pretty friendly atmosphere in these club events I feel and usualy if you ask for a setup, someone will send. I personally have no problem sharing setups if it helps another driver. Who knows, one day they may return the favour :)

i usually share my setup with anyone in the same car as me when i feel my setup feels good enough.

funny-pictures-cat-hates-your-opinion.jpg

:tongue:

i usually share my setup with anyone in the same car as me when i feel my setup feels good enough.

That may be another problem I have...
So far in the 2 weeks/4races I have been in, I first raced the BMW 635, and then this week, the Merc.... not the most popular of cars, but they seem more suited to my driving style

That may be another problem I have...
So far in the 2 weeks/4races I have been in, I first raced the BMW 635, and then this week, the Merc.... not the most popular of cars, but they seem more suited to my driving style
The 635 is a gem of a car :D it doesn't really need a setup, just drift it everywhere and you're pretty safe, but then thats my philosophy with most cars hence i dont do too well in the longer races :p Next time just use the rover and i shall cater for you :D

@Erik: Most people complain my setups are too skittish, it's ok to complain :p And you dont have to say thanks, apart from on the track if i'm behind you, then the thanks can come in actions and not words :p

The 635 is a gem of a car :D it doesn't really need a setup, just drift it everywhere and you're pretty safe, but then thats my philosophy with most cars hence i dont do too well in the longer races :p Next time just use the rover and i shall cater for you :D

Thanks Ben :D
Will more than likely take your offer up. Ive got a couple of weeks to try and get some practise in before the next club race...

Has the circuit for the next race been decided yet?

Here is my 635 setup i used when i drove the BMW. Think this is the one from Vitus parc. But most of my setups are quite the same for every track maybe some small changes. I always work on stable setups instead of fast ones. I always believe you can gain the fastest time when you are 100% confident with the car and can rely on what its going to do.

Attachments

• Ivo bmw.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 467

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies