rF2 Touring Masters @ Nurburgring 2009 - Wednesday 19th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Loved today guys :)

Fluffed qualy so started 29th, was 13th by the end of the first lap. After that not much to talk about really. Race 2 benefited from reverse grid and started on pole. Got a good start and pulled out about a 1s loead, but Anders reeled me in quickly. We were locked in battle for all the race, then eventually Peter, Caner and Ben got through and I was fighting Peter for the lead. We had a good 5 lap battle but eventually he got me on the penultimate lap at the last chicane, then Ben got me on the last corner. Going down to T1, I managed to knock the brake bias right towards the rear, and spun it on the brakes, dropping me to 8th.

Epic battle all race, thanks to Peter and Anders for the great racing, thanks Adam for organising :)

Race 1: I had a good start and was in first place, then coming out of the chicane in the last sector I went a little bit sideways, and Ben pushed me into a spin. I understand this can happen and that you did not notice the contact, but in the future please be a little bit less aggressive on overtaking Ben.
I had some nice battles from that point onwards, and I finished 2nd in the end.

Race 2: Now this was an excellent race!
Great battles throughout the whole race, especially with Chris :)
I just couldn't overtake him, because everytime on accelerating my volvo was to slow in comparison with his Sierra, but after a small mistake in lap 9, I found a gap and won the race :)

Thanks for the fun races everyone :)

Domagoj!! Welcome back :)

Btw everyone, this gentleman created the BMW 635 sounds, so always let him past on track :D

Everyone, don't listen to this nonsense! Whoever drove behind me has clearly seen that i've mistaken this race for a rally event.

Just kidding though, it was a madness and such a great race! I enjoyed it so much. Sorry Jeff and Sam Moss if i did something which i shouldn't!
One moment i looked in my mirror and saw so mayn angry looking m3's, merc's and sierra's and i shouted "madness!"

It was great stuff, if there's gonna be some more club events i might join you in the future, again probably in the commo'. Loving those crazy Aussie machines!

Well concidering it's my 3rd WTM event it went better than expected, really enjoy this mod very much, I must apologise to paul cullen and I'm not sure who was in that pink car, I touched him and in turn he touched Paul, really sorry guys.

Race 1 sorry to peter, watched the replay. I definately tapped you should of waited. After that i got a barrage of phone calls during the race. then my sister came round asking me to setup her web domain so i had to do that during the warm-up. then she was jabbering on while the race had started and left after lap 1.. had a few tight battles. Anders holden was a bit tough to get passed but i managed eventually. Then chased down the rest of the guys. Got passed the 2 sierra's at the last corner, ye there was a bit of tapping but my overtakes were clean from my point of view. Good bit of racing, dont often get a chance to be in a pack like that and it shows as i wasn't too good at getting through. Still managed to get 2nd in race 2 after peter, well done.. now on to spa :D

Hi,
Great race usually R1 start in 18th and do my PB:) in my mirrors always Andy B. clear driving mate and nice pressure and about the end of the race Im in 13th but in turn 2 Manuel S. hit me,no problem mate:) is RACE, lost car and 7positions return on track and push until end of race and finished in 15th.

R2 good start but Alfa in straight too slow many battle in this race with groups of 4 or 5 cars very funny dont know how but finished race in 12th and if I think that here is a place frequented by alien is a big result for me.:wink:

Congratulation at winners and all drivers

Thanks Adam and RD for event

Just couldnt see the start lights on the grid!

Hmm.. Ok. Apologies for that. When I tested the circuit you could see the lights for most of the position, didn't realise you couldn't see them all the way back.

It was great stuff, if there's gonna be some more club events i might join you in the future, again probably in the commo'. Loving those crazy Aussie machines!

There certainly will be. They will be run on the weeks that the league isn't running on so the next event will be in 2 weeks. :)

Well very mixed evening for me. Practice went well, the car felt amazing and I was amazed to be within 3 seconds of Ben's time.

Quali: The car didn't feel as good as in practice which led to some mistakes, ended up in P14.

Race 1: Good start and got past 3 cars by turn 1. Had some good battles and nearly fainted when I saw Chris on my tail after 1 lap (you must of had one awesome lap). Great fun driving in the midfield with several cars overtaking some and being overtaken by others. Everytime I got into the top 10, someone else passed me. Ended up 11th.

Race 2: Good start but the others around me also got a good start. Made my way up to 9th before the chicane before out-braking myself and tapping Sam's car (sorry). I waited and rejoined in 21st which made things fun. Charged past a few cars but then I reached the back of this Pink Holden with no way to overtake it. Eventually got through when he made a mistake but then I made a mistake which allowed him back through. Had a good battle with 3 cars ahead before they had a collision and I shot past them all, but the car was feeling worse and I was dropping back. Was down in p15 when my laptop decided to kill rF 3 corners from the finish :mad:

Need to sort the race setup out as it felt nothing like it did last week/in practice.

Thanks guys for racing.

Very nice racing tonight.

Q: messed up my Q. One decent lap i got in was a low 10. Wich was far from my pb.
Started 8th

Race 1: Took meds to see what they did. Took it easy in the first laps. Was 7th after a while. Following Kjell. Peter got me again. And after that those meds started to go. Couldnt really follow Kjell anymore and Anders with his hards was catching me. Then i got 6th when Gary and Rauno touched. Last laps where horrible. Anders catched me quick. Managed to keep 6th barely with 0.087 on the finish line. ;)

Race 2:

Started 3th because of reversed grid.
Mangaged to keep it for 2 laps. But made a mistake. Dropped me to 6th. After that great racing with Top 7 with all in 5 seconds from eachother. Very fun and took hards so that was also better. Could keep a constant pace. Followed Kjell to the last lap. Then Chris spun wich gave me 5th in the last lap. And i knew i needed to be close to the others because someone was gonna make move in the last lap wich could end badly. Wich to bad happened. Last chicane Kjell made a move on Caner. Caner spun and Kjell waited to could take 3th in the last corner. Really great racing esspacially race 2. And learned somethings also. First hards all the way for the Sierra in sprint races and second Anders can drive on two wheels for 5 seconds. lol :D

Thanks Adam. :)

I must apologise to paul cullen and I'm not sure who was in that pink car, I touched him and in turn he touched Paul, really sorry guys.
not_gay_i_just_like_pink_hat-p148263877136374566u2x9_400.jpg

Just get used to that pink car! :D

Oh well, this was both one of the worst race and best race I've ever done. I qualed inside the 106% and that was my main goal.

First race went well in the start, but the medium tires didn't last more than 10 minutes on the Holden. But by using some help and tip from Mr.Holden (Anders Nilsson) it worked out for race two!

Startet 24th on race two, and didn't see the lights, luckily this australian scrapmetal does drive much faster than any other car in a straight line, and I managed to get some positions after all. After that it was a steady climb without any major mistakes. Just kept going faster and faster each lap. Someone spun in front of me down at the Dunlop, and I hit him. Didn't loose much though, and kept going onwards. Had some nice drivin with Adam, and I guess he must've thought "this is not going to end well at all" when I decided to go for the thight, and closing room between Paul Cullern and Chris Sykes going down to T1 instead of going for the huge room on the inside. Later I got tapped by Chris, and almost flipped Paul because of that. I didn't feel I could be blamed for that, and just kept on going. In the end I ended up in the top 10, and had it been one more lap, I could've challenged Lee Palmer for the 9th place. A fantastic race for me, and if I can keep this momentum from the last two races here(WTM and Endurance), it will go well for me in the future.

Oh, and thanks to Anders Nilsson,- I couldn't finished near the top 20th without your help! :)

EDIT: I laughed for myself when a "S.Moss" passed me, I know Sir Stirling Moss is to old to drive games! But I'm still glad I noticed it on the straight. I got to look through the drivers before I race in the future...

Great racing this evening some neat door to door action for several corners with Chris .. Chasing Ivo hard and getting chased hard by Ivo ... Showing off bit with two -wheeling.. Have to give the sponsors value for there money .... :) Ole no worries m8 glad that it worked out for ya :).

/Anders

LOL. So we got Cameron Diaz and Sir Stirling Moss, this must be your fantasy grid :tongue:
It does seem to get close to a fantasy carset for Grand Prix 3 this... :)

I honestly don't know why I keep thinking of these things, I always seem to think that people are famous, or from somewhere else when I see a letter and a last name. I also keep thinking that we have a "Petteri Heikkinen" here. That's not too far away though (Peter Häkkinen), but still. (Anyone who have played V-Rally 3 more than once does know "who" that Heikkinen guy is :p)

Oh well, as I said. I should look through the grid before I race in the future :)

Not my best performance tonight. managed to loose the car in the early stages of the races. Had some good battles climbing back through the field though. Managed 10th in Race 1 and 15th in Race 2. Also had a few contacts when I was unaware of cars around me trying to pass so apologies for that but it didnt seem to cause too many issues.

Next one is the league so I hope I can do a little better for that.

Thx Adam for organising and RD for event.

Gratz to Winners and Podium

Hi,
Great race usually R1 start in 18th and do my PB:) in my mirrors always Andy B. clear driving mate and nice pressure and about the end of the race Im in 13th but in turn 2 Manuel S. hit me,no problem mate:) is RACE, lost car and 7positions return on track and push until end of race and finished in 15th.
Yes, was a great race, really enjoyed it :D

Hmm.. Ok. Apologies for that. When I tested the circuit you could see the lights for most of the position, didn't realise you couldn't see them all the way back.

No problem Adam, it could well be down to my eyesight :cool:

I should be dreading round one after a couple of bad results with some average driving too,but i still left the event happy and encouraged that the Alfa is going to be ok for the league,i had a really nice feeling good paced car with just a decent driver missing.....looks like the top 10 is going to be another tight fought affair for S2,so i will be preparing for every round properly.

Thank You Adz/Ryo/Ivo & RD

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing