rF2 Touring Masters @ Adelaide 2011 - Wednesday October 12th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry Peter. :( I didn't mean to spin you, was stupid really. Waited for 20 seconds while you sorted yourself out but had mega damage thanks to some loony at T2 (red suspension) so the car was a nightmare.

Good luck everyone! :D

7 minutes in someone missed their braking point for the hairpin. Collected my rear end and pushed me into Ben pretty good. (Sorry Ben, nothing I could do...) Thought everything was OK in the slight left that was next. Braked for the next tight left and had nothing. Some tire was popped. Hit the wall and the engine died.

Made a good start but had to avoid the Merc infront. Hit the wall in the braking zone for Turn 1 as I was forced wide. I went on the inside for Turn 4, i braked quiet late and I am sorry for anybody I caused damage too. Further on in the lap, I was battling with people with vry bad ping, I could rarely see them and suddenly they appeared just at the braking zone for the hairpin. I had to go on the inside to avoid one of them but I couldn't brake eatly enough and I went into the barriers causing me a front suspension damage. I decided not to pit even though the steering was terrible. After about 7th laps, I crashed before Turn 4 as my suspension skewed me to the right. This gave me a puncture, I gave to the pits after being lapped, 2 laps later I was being lapped again. And at Turn 3 on the next lap, Adam was lapping me and I lost connection.

that was a pretty fun race..
was in the middle of the grid for the start and was not looking forward to any first corner madness, luckily got a wee tap from behind which made me go over the big curb, luckily didnt hit anyone :) . had a few brief battles with a few people (sorry if i held people up). Then just looked after the tires til the end to finished 7th again (3rd time in a row).

Cheers RD

Sorry Peter. :( I didn't mean to spin you, was stupid really. Waited for 20 seconds while you sorted yourself out but had mega damage thanks to some loony at T2 (red suspension) so the car was a nightmare.

Good luck everyone! :D

No problem mate! It was unlucky because I stuck straight to the wall, so I had to let the whole field go before I could move. But tbh I'm always worried that something like this might happen if someone who is a lot faster starts behind me! First laps are just way too crowded to handle a situation like this safely. Later in race, it's no problem at all.

At least I could finish the race, and I learned a lot about the tires. Last season I didn't use the HUD to watch tire wear and I had no idea how it works in rF (when exactly will I lose grip), and I just didn't remember how it was.
And, especially in the later part of the race, I managed to get some pretty good laptimes. (taking into account that I had some damage and the main setup work will just start now + this is not really a track for this car) So overall I'm happy about the race.

Q: Could have done better but didint push it too much :) P2 was good

R: Got an great start.. everyone else seemed to be on reverse or something cos i got a kinda big lead when T1 was up, after that i just was being carefull with cold tyres and brakes. Krystof was following me guite near so had to keep pace up, until i managed to shunt my car into the wall and my front right suspension was on red.. didint want to pit so i hanged on there. Krystof made few moves against me after that as he got real close but sadly he hit the barrier in T1. after that it was kinda nursing the rest of the car home and watching what Adam was doing.. as he could not close the cap i just kept nursing the car.. it was really difficult to controll sometimes as it just bounced off every curb and didint response to steering so fast.

But overall fun race with so little practise :) thanks all!

Was good fun. Started from the back and after some laps of dodging and overtaking it found myself in P6.
Later in the race got 3th and it was a nice time battle between me and Andy at the end. Suprised my Hard tires lasted so long i must say. :)

Thx Adam. :)

Quali: Set a good lap to take 4th.

Race: Made a great launch and ended up three wide heading to turn 1. However someone lunged down the inside of me and just went straight on at turn 1, stopping the three of us from turning in and forcing us off as well. One ended up in the wall, I just clipped his rear as he was doing so and was all over the place trying to keep it facing the right way, and the other managed to rejoin the track behind the car that did the lunge. I was back in 5th with a bit of damage. I settled in behind Lee but the car didn't feel right and was a bit more oversteery than normal. I ended up hitting the wall at the exit of turn 8 which allowed two other cars through. 5 of us had a battle until Eike lost it on the brakes and spun hitting a couple of others allowing myself and Tony to got past them all. I started closing on Lee but rolled it in turn 3, luckily though, I hit the wall and it bounced me back onto my wheels without losing too much time and in the same position. I was slowly closing on Lee but the car felt awful so I was more concentrating on keeping it straight. Lee went off which allowed me up to third, and then Krzysztof went off, moving me up to second. I gained a bit on Tommi but I wasn't making any inroads and with the car how it was, I settled for second.

Thanks for racing.

Well I had good fun tonight.

Tried the Skyline but, well I was rubbish in it. Thing is soooo heavy it's almost unbelievable. If someone can get that thing to go fast and keep up with the likes of the Sierra's, Volvo's and Rover's then real respect to them.

Think I'll stick to smaller, lighter, reviver cars.

Jumped into the Supra after someone said it liked to rev and I instantly felt more at home.

Hope to do more events. Anyone got an idea on where I should test these car's to find the one I would be happy driving for a league?

Supra was good, but it did seem to lack ultimate straight line speed, good under braking though, even if I have no idea what the different brake maps do, or what the "Pump" does in setup. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Would like a car that stops itself very well, but doesn't lack in the top speed department. Everything else I can work around.

Catch you all another time.

Not the best of races today. Terrible launch from the front row combined with somebody's last-minute decision to cut the chicane and go straight was bad luck for me. The Domino effect knocked me into the outside wall and into the spin cycle. :frown:

Still positive I was looking forward to getting into a rhythm and see what kind of race pace I could produce. Up to 11th position on lap six when my engine let go!? :confused:

Was practicing for this event with damage off due to the walls but kind of surprised that I could have blown my engine after only six laps of racing!?! not sure if it's possible that the engines sustained some kind of damage to contact with the wall?

Either way I would've liked to just get in 45 minutes on the hard tires to see what the car was going to behave like. I was also experiencing some lag server. I check my Internet connection several times and appeared to be solid. Was anybody else having issues with lag or was my car looking funny out on track?

On the positive note I did learn a bit about how to drive/set up my car. Off to do a few laps on spa to see how far off I am from the big boys! Looking forward to the next round! Thanks to Ryan and Race Department!:D

Sorry for my poor driving, lost ffb on my wheel and it was just a mess to drive without it. On a lighter note I think I bicycled it at least 10x, made for interesting corner techniques.. I'll stick to the Supra for now. :)

Tried the Skyline but, well I was rubbish in it. Thing is soooo heavy it's almost unbelievable. If someone can get that thing to go fast and keep up with the likes of the Sierra's, Volvo's and Rover's then real respect to them.

The Holden and the Mustang are even much heavier! The Nissan is only about the same weight as the Sierra, has a better power/weight ratio, and probably worse suspension to compensate that. It's definitely not the best on this track. I was only driving it because I'm practicing for the league:)

The lightest cars are the Alfa/Mercedes/BMW E30. I drove the Merc in WTM S2, it was fine but the lack of power in straights became very frustrating at the end.

Jumped into the Supra after someone said it liked to rev and I instantly felt more at home.

Hope to do more events. Anyone got an idea on where I should test these car's to find the one I would be happy driving for a league?

Supra was good, but it did seem to lack ultimate straight line speed, good under braking though, even if I have no idea what the different brake maps do, or what the "Pump" does in setup. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Would like a car that stops itself very well, but doesn't lack in the top speed department. Everything else I can work around.

Catch you all another time.

The car with almost the best brakes, next offcourse to the "slower" cars is the Rover.
Brake mapping helps you under braking. Higher number means more stable under braking but gives you abit longer of a brake distance and uses offcourse abit more fuel.

I again learned a lot and was my first race in Adelaide. Took a long time to find my rhythm.
I can watch again and Qualy omitted many drivers to endanger anyone, and would not stand in the middle at the start.
Was a nice race - started from 20th place and finished in 5th place - thanks to RD and congratulations to the winner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Habe wieder viel gelernt und war mein erstes Rennen in Adelaide. Habe lange gebraucht um meinen Rhytmus zu finden.
Ich habe wieder viele Fahrer beobachten können und Qualy ausgelassen um niemandem zu gefährden und wollte nicht
mittendrin stehen am Start.
War ein nettes Rennen - von Platz 20 gestartet und auf Platz 5 beendet - danke an RD und Gratulation dem Sieger

The Volvo and me is a open process :) If I brake the piece of Steel to hard my rear want to go first in the corner and in fast corners the rear feels loke a sponge. But nothing that cant be fixed need more practice.

One BIG question : Why rfDynHUD doesnt work can anybody please help me ?

btw: Tanks Evan was nice with you to fight and drove a couple auf corners beside ya :)

The car with almost the best brakes, next offcourse to the "slower" cars is the Rover.
Brake mapping helps you under braking. Higher number means more stable under braking but gives you abit longer of a brake distance and uses offcourse abit more fuel.

Thanks for the info. Any idea on what "Pump" does in setup.

The Skyline may weigh only 10KG more, but it still jumped over curbs, even with soft suspension and you couldn't gear it for the slow corners, or you would lose the top end.

I think I'll stick to the lighter cars like the Alfa, M3, 6-Series, Merc, Rover, Supra and Volvo.

Now I just need a car that can accelerate out of slow corners but doesn't lack top speed.

Thanks for the info. Any idea on what "Pump" does in setup.

The Skyline may weigh only 10KG more, but it still jumped over curbs, even with soft suspension and you couldn't gear it for the slow corners, or you would lose the top end.

I think I'll stick to the lighter cars like the Alfa, M3, 6-Series, Merc, Rover, Supra and Volvo.

Now I just need a car that can accelerate out of slow corners but doesn't lack top speed.

Well for that i recommend Volvo.. HUUGE drag on that car(what can you expect with that BOX desing) but is very easy to drive and easy on it's tyres plus it has power.. Alfa has big torque, so it can get out of the corners but it lacks bit on the top end :) but not badly thou.. and it makes it up on corners easily

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%