rF2 Touring Car Rivival @ Barbagallo - Thu 29Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have been around for almost 20 years. :whistling:
I remember racing with Bram (if he dig a bit he might find me) 10 - 15 years ago, one of the communitys was UKGTR, just to name one of many we had at that time.
GTL - GTR2 - Race07- GPL, again, just to name a few.

Must say, today's both races were astonishing fantastic!

Race 1.
P8. Good start and in the half of race I was fighting with top 3 for a couple of laps.
Manage to go 2nd trying to stay with a fast red Holden, but went wide on a corner and got back to P4. There where I finished. Congrats top 3 and all.

Race 2.
P8 again????? I thought it was the 1st race final position. Nemermind that, LOL. :p
Entering 1st corner I was hit and spun, sorry if it was my fault. Didn't think so tho.
Well..., try to rejoin the pack from P10 now. A lucky rear suspension setup, allowed me to jump in the front places.

After a few unlucky drivers issues, I just got P2 right behind P1 Brent's RS500.
It was an intense battle, always fair, I must add!

Finished 2nd with a 0:053 gap to Brent :D . With 2 replays I surely have to watch!

Exciting and hot races. Whenever my cancer issue and wifes work shifting allows, believe me, I will always be driving with you guys. Thank you all for the great and fun races. ;)

Cheers,
Paulo

Yes, there is a command to enter in the launcher that may help. In the launcher, select the multiplayer tab and enter +highprio in the command field/box, then click save. This is said to help to stop lag.
i-BVZhfzG.png

Thanks to @Martin Fiala for this tip.

You can see in this video the problem I had on lap 8. The problem is solved when I stop broadcasting with OBS. Luckily I had a key combination to stop the broadcast.
You may not appreciate the slow motion effect in the video but in laus oculus it was exaggerated.
Do you have any idea what can cause this? I think it's my CPU problem.
@Denis Betty has advised me to put a command in the console of rfactor 2 launcher. Does anyone have any more ideas?
But anyway it was a good race and I had a lot of fun.
I'm no expert, but when the other car comes past, it looks like lag to me - in your mirror and as he goes past you. :(

I have been around for almost 20 years. :whistling:
I remember racing with Bram (if he dig a bit he might find me) 10 - 15 years ago, one of the communitys was UKGTR, just to name one of many we had at that time.
GTL - GTR2 - Race07- GPL, again, just to name a few.

Must say, today's both races were astonishing fantastic!

Race 1.
P8. Good start and in the half of race I was fighting with top 3 for a couple of laps.
Manage to go 2nd trying to stay with a fast red Holden, but went wide on a corner and got back to P4. There where I finished. Congrats top 3 and all.

Race 2.
P8 again????? I thought it was the 1st race final position. Nemermind that, LOL. :p
Entering 1st corner I was hit and spun, sorry if it was my fault. Didn't think so tho.
Well..., try to rejoin the pack from P10 now. A lucky rear suspension setup, allowed me to jump in the front places.

After a few unlucky drivers issues, I just got P2 right behind P1 Brent's RS500.
It was an intense battle, always fair, I must add!

Finished 2nd with a 0:053 gap to Brent :D . With 2 replays I surely have to watch!

Exciting and hot races. Whenever my cancer issue and wifes work shifting allows, believe me, I will always be driving with you guys. Thank you all for the great and fun races. ;)

Cheers,
Paulo

I really enjoyed the battle Paulo! :) Hope to hear that you are 100% recovered from your illness soon.

I'm no expert, but when the other car comes past, it looks like lag to me - in your mirror and as he goes past you. :(
OK, I asked Daiman about this. :notworthy: He told me about the +highprio tip "This will only really help if people are experiencing "warping", not "lagging" - the difference is that "lagging" is typically network related, while "warping" is CPU related. The reason why this occurs is because rFactor 2 does most of its processing client-side - the server simply sends data from other cars to a client, which is then responsible for performing the physics calculations, collision detection, etc. for these cars as well as the player's own car. So if a client's CPU is not up to the task of performing all of these calculations at the required rate then this player will be affected by "warping"."

So it seems that, the problem in @Victor Jimenez video could be warping, not lag. If that is true, then the +highprio tip will help. However, Victor said that the problem was reduced, or fixed, when he stopped streaming. So this sounds like it could be lag?

IMPORTANT - As you join a server, you are taken to the car selection screen. If you click the BACK button, you will see a button for internet options. In the internet options menu, you can set the speed of upload and download for your connection. The default settings are 256Kbps for both up and down speeds. This is what Daiman had to say about these settings.

"Most recommendations now state that clients should set their upstream and downstream rates to no less than 512Kbps and 1Mbps (1000Kbps), respectively. Clients with an Internet connection that does not meet these minimum requirements should not race online. There are also maximum upstream and downstream rates - 1Mbps and 5Mbps, respectively - that should not be exceeded, but clients should definitely start with the minimum requirements as these might suffice. Using higher values could potentially put excessive and unnecessary load on the server."

So, the best advice we currently have, is for everybody to set upload to 512Kbps and download to 1Mbps (1000Kbps). Hopefully, this will help to solve some of the lagging/warping issues that some people have been experiencing.

Sorry for the long post, hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think it must be a wagging problem, I have a good Internet connection and I know that rfactor2 consumes a lot of cpu, that added to OBS + Oculus Rift could be that the cpu is small.
In a USF2000 event in RD with 22 players I also had the same problem that it gave when I told OBS to stop recording or broadcasting.
I will try with the + highprio and to reduce cpu consumption and Windows 10 system processes to try to avoid this. I have a AMD fx 8350 and 16gb DDR 3 1600.
Thanks for the help my friend @Denis Betty

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back