Tools for race

Not sure what you want to have a better look at, but here's a few tools you might want to check out:

Autosim Analyzer - Report and statistics generator.

Tom's Evo Tools - Various functions, such as sorting AddOn tracks alphabetically.

Motec i2 Pro - Record and view telemetry data.

XD - Displays real-time data such as tyre temps and sessions timings.

Motec i2 Pro can be found here. The rest of the tools can be found in RDs download section, once its back online.

I dig the XD tool - really helpful, particularly with liters per lap and tyre wear, although the numbering is out but the graphics are correct.

AutoSim analyzer I never got working correctly, for some reason - will have to look at it again.

Motec have not been able to sort out, but that to me would be a great tool, so will keep trying.

I'm not sure if it will help, but I copied some info I found in forum posts to a txt file for my own reference. Maybe it'll help get them working for you.

AutoSim Analyser

Open My Documents\SIMBIN\Race 07\UserData\<Evo Profile Name>\<Evo Profile Name>.PLR. Once there press Ctrl-F and find 'Extra Stats'. You should find this line:

Extra Stats="0" // Saves separate verbose stats for any session (instead of simple stats for most recent race only)

Change that 0 to a 1 and save the file.

Then open ASA and in the Path to log files either find or copy:

My Documents\SIMBIN\Race 07\UserData\LOG

Then press Auto-Scan. Then double click in the right hand column the race that you want to view. From here it should all be self explanatory. To view Race 2 click the Race #2 button in the top left. To produce the HTML exported files use either Web Report 1 or Web Report 2.

Motec i2 Pro

To enable, edit the following lines in you PLR file as necessary:

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Okay, got ASA working, thanks for that. That becomes very useful when theres a whole bunch of us racing on the LAN.

MOTEC is giving me a headache though. I have changed everything as you have it above, but Race does not seem to generate any log files of the sort that MOTEC needs. What am I doing wrong? Does it only do race files or practice and qualy also?

Great, glad you got ASA working. :)

As for Motec, all I had to do was install it, edit the above entries in my PLR file, and then navigate to the folder specified from within Motec itself. Note that I'm using WinXP, so if you're on Vista or Win7 then the locations might be different. Some other things to check:

- Make sure you've changed [UserName] in the 'Data Acquisition' line to your Windows username.

- Make sure you are looking in the right folder for the logs. I set it to Program Files\MoTeC\Logged Data, but it can be anywhere you like. However, Motec will still insist on creating a Motec\Logged Data folder on the root of your drive, even though it won't use it. (Can be deleted but will return the next time you start Motec.)

- From 'Data Acquisition' to 'vehicledate.spt' is all one line, unlike in my quote above.
Code:
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"

Okay Ross, sorry for this man, but thanks for the assist.

I am copying my PLR here as maybe I am overlooking something:

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe""
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

I appear to have generated one file but Motec does not recognise it and so keeps saying no Log files available! Yeah I am on Vista on my laptop at office, but my home PC is on XP so I hope that one is easier.

Anything obvious that I have overlooked?

Just a suggestion chris but do you have more than one player profile in your install? If so be sure to ammend the PLR file for each profile otherwise it will only generate reports when you use the profile which you have made the edits for. This gets even more confusing when you have multiple steam accounts and multiple Race installs (legal) on each steam accounts, with multiple player profiles on each - you can totally confuse your brain then!!!!

Hi Dave, thanks for that idea, but I already have done that in the hope it would be the key, but alas! Problem appears to be that Motec is not recognising any files to analyse. I have got the demo samples as part of the install but they are also not recognised as log files. I have also tried right clicking on them and associating those files with Motec, but to no avail.

Very strange. I don't see anything obviously wrong with your PLR file... identical to mine, aside from the acquisition file. I've never really used Vista, but did I read somewhere that it doesn't like things writing data directly to the Program Files folder? Maybe you could try changing the location for the logs to somewhere else, like My Documents or the one Motec creates itself.

Having said that, if Motec isn't even recognising its own samples as compatible logs then maybe something is wrong with it. .ld and .ldx files should have been automatically associated as part of the install. Maybe try removing Motec completely and reinstalling it.

:DHi Ross, thanks for the input. I did an uninstall and reinstall on the Vista machine and hey presto, it worked - I was doing a backup at the time of the initial install, and somehow Motec installed some of its files on the backup (G) drive. Anyway, its working great now, so thanks to all of you for the patience and help on this.

As far as my XP went, no problems at all - straight forward and simple.

:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back