To restart or not to restart...

Galin Dimov

SimDrive
While we are all waiting for the MP to be released, I believe most of us spend their time hot-lapping. I was just wondering, if you make a mistake, do you hit "restart" or carry on to complete the lap even though the lap time is ruined?
I myself hit restart most of the time but am now starting to continue regardless as once race day comes, there is no restart option :rolleyes:
Curious to see what your approach is...

Last edited:
I tend to restart a lot in the AI races when I get bundled off by the admittedly beta AI, but I find that restarting too often breaks the immersion and my progress is impeded too much. What I mean is when you treat it as a game rather than a simulation your performance suffers as a result. That's my experience anyway. When career mode comes in I definitely will swallow my mistakes and carry on whether my season is ruined or not, that's how I like to play racing games, flight sims or anything. I just hope that they can get the AI right by the time it goes gold.

So I guess we all use the restart option. The thing is, every time I do that. I feel like I am cheating :cautious:
I am trying to resist the temptation right now and run the races as I would in MP:D

Last edited:
It depends, if I am racing AI and spin badly with no hope of catching up - then I might restart. If I lose position but, have a chance to regain - then I'll stay in it to the end. Race length affects the possible outcome in most cases too.

I drive more AI races since there are good combos out there.
Hotlapping is boring and useless due the abuse of the gearbox and other ****.
For now i am training my race skills and constant fast times with different cars and tracks to get a good start in the MP in March!

I hear you and I'm doing the same from time to time but still doing the hot lapping often as well. The thing is, if you find the quickest way around a track over a single lap, you are much more likely to be consistent but also quicker than the rest during a race. The reason is, everyone will need to ease off the right pedal. Therefore I still believe that hot lapping is very important as a practice :)

While we are all waiting for the MP to be released, I believe most of us spend their time hot-lapping. I was just wondering, if you make a mistake, do you hit "restart" or carry on to complete the lap even though the lap time is ruined?
I myself hit restart most of the time but am now starting to continue regardless as once race day comes, there is no restart option :rolleyes:
Curious to see what your approach is...
Just driving on, becoming quite good in all the cars so doesn`t happen so often anymore ;-)

i guess it depends what im doing and how the race is going.. If its just a practise i never bother restarting, you cant loose. if its a hotlap, occasionally i restart, if its a race i almost never restart, unless i get shunted off track and there is little to no hope of coming back..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back